♥06♥ I entrust my soul to you

When Mitsuru woke up, she was in the comfortable room of a hospital. The room was pleasant looking, almost homely. Mitsuru sat up and she can see that she was covered in bandages. She couldn't forget even if she wanted to; she was overpowered by Ayazawa, the bald teacher who loved to pick on the weaker students...

"Yukio-senpai..." She was about to get off the bed but the door opened to reveal a blonde and a blue haired boy.

"Mitsucchi, you can't get up yet!" Kise ran over to her and gently pushed her back to the bed, "You are still hurt!" 

"Where is Senpai?" 

"Your Senpai and your classmate are fine. You can see them later." Kuroko said, drinking a milkshake like a little boy. 

"I see..." 

"Chairo-san, how are you feeling?" Kuroko asked her. 

To be honest, Mitsuru was more hurt of the fact that Kuroko killed the enemy that she couldn't defeat; Kuroko just came and killed Ayazawa just like that while she struggled to do so. She was annoyed at herself that she was weak and she let her overconfidence got the best of her. And the worst part, Kasamatsu was hurt because of her.

"Mitsu...cchi?" Kise watched the brown haired girl cry tears of frustration. 

"I hurt Senpai..." The more she tried to control the flowing tears, the more the feelings flow out of her eyes. 

"Chairo-san..." Kuroko put the milkshake down and held her right hand with his semi-cold hands, "No one can possibly win all the time, it's okay to fall down once. It doesn't make a difference who defeated that woman back there, what's important is no one is beyond hurt." 

"Damn it..." Mitsuru covered her eyes with her other hand, shielding her tears so it wouldn't be seen by Kise or Kuroko.

"I know you can get stronger." Kuroko said to her, "I am a supporting actor, a shadow. But a shadow will become darker if the light is stronger and it will make the white of the light stand out. As the shadow of the main actor, I will make you, the light, the strongest Queen in this godforsaken world..." 

Mitsuru doesn't understand why Kise and Kuroko was willing to support her just because she's their 'Queen' but she decided that getting stronger was her priority for the time being. 

"Kuroko, right?" 

"Yes." 

"Just who are you guys? You guys are Kings but I don't understand..." 

"You, the Queen, have the power to pull out Soul Keys from anyone. We, the Kings, can use our own Soul Keys." 

"Kings have similar power to you but we can only pull out our own Soul Key. Soul Keys differ from person to person; some Soul Keys take a physical form and non-physical form." Kise explained. "Soul Keys like mine and Kurokocchi do not take a physical form so they are very useful because they cannot break."

"Huh..." Mitsuru was learning.

"Remember when you took out Kasamatsu-senpai's Soul Key out? It formed a beaded bracelet on your wrists. Soul Keys that takes a physical forms are in danger of being broken so you have to be really careful." Kise warned the injured girl. 

"What happens if they break?" 

"That person will die." Kuroko was quick to the point. 

"K-Kurokocchi!" 

"Wait, you mean I could have killed Yukio-senpai back then?" Mitsuru asked Kise. 

"That..." 

"I'm sorry, Chairo-san... I have to tell you this because you had to know it." Kuroko didn't want to tell her the sad reality of her powers but he had to. If she pull out a Soul Key that took on a physical form and it breaks, it will only hurt her more.