♥16♥ Release

They will arrive very soon, it was a matter of time before their lives will be put on the line. They can only rely on protecting one another and find their way out. 

"Kise?" Mitsuru noticed Kise's face was not like usual; the easy-going warmth was replaced by what looked like fiery anger that can break out of its calm facade.

"Mitsucchi?"  He softened the anger slightly when he heard her voice calling him. He watched her sat opposite him and she pointed at the space between his eyebrows.

"I'm not used to seeing them make such an angry look." 

"It's because everyone here has been affected by WINGS one way or another. Pretty much like you." 

"I know that. Whatever reason it is, as long as we all have a reason, that's all it matters." She's not someone to pry into other's sad past so she never bothered to ask their reason for fighting. As long as there was a will to fight, she's fine with it. "Once that glass prison above the surface breaks, what will you do?" For Mitsuru, the glass breaking meant she's got no reasons to fight with Kasamatsu Yukio; she can return to those days they both wished for. Does that mean the same for the ones who called themselves her 'Kings'? Can they return to their normal lives once the glass was removed?

"For Aominecchi, Kurokocchi, and Murasakibaracchi might be possible..." Kise said with a slightly sad look, "Even if the glass breaks, my past won't return to me. I can only look forward." 

"Kise..." 

"Hey now, don't look at me like that! I still have you in my future!" Kise laughed, messing her hair up. 

Midorima didn't say a thing as he looked at Kise and Mitsuru. Looking at them talking and smiling like that, it was a little comforting...

"You're going to take their leader down?! Do you have any idea how dangerous that can be?!" Midorima was able to talk to Akashi before the meeting about the raid. 

"I am sure." The red head already decided on his own. Midorima hated this about their leader; he always goes alone if the risk of death was high. "Nijimura-san did not manage to finish what he started so it's my turn to take the baton." 

"But we still don't have his whereabouts!" 

"It's because we don't have his whereabouts that we need to move out now. We have the Queen on our side, things will be easier." 

"You...you're letting her rescue the hostages just to keep her away from the spotlight." Midorima realized Akashi's motives on the spot, "Hmph, sharp as always, Midorima. This is something I have to do alone because one missing King is better than a missing Queen." 

"Chairo," Midorima walked over to Mitsuru, "Take this." 

"Huh?" It was one those Japanese charm that you get from the shrine, "For me?" 

"It's not like I purposely went to the shrine and get one for you. I happened to have an extra one when I went there." 

"Heh, I see. Thank you." The strings were long so she decided to tie it around her neck, "Wish me luck then." 

It wasn't long until Murasakibara managed to find what looked like a huge glowing sphere-shaped ball. Kuroko decided to use his Soul Key and activated his Misdirection Overflow to stay out of detection. 

"How should we approach?" Kuroko asked. 

"We better think of something soon because Tetsu can't hold the Overflow for a long time." Aomine reminded.