♥19.5♥ Fall of the Rainbow

"No matter how many times humans fight one another in war, the future generation will learn nothing. As long as there isn't a supreme leader ruling over everyone and everything, this world will spiral into despair... I will create a world so fair that there is no such thing as war, wouldn't that be a great world? Akashi Seijuurou..." 

Akashi kept his poker face on despite the fact he was bleeding from the side of the head. 

"You're planning to create your vision of a peaceful world, by ruling everything by fear..." Akashi stood up from the floor by using his blades to support himself, "If that is your idea of peace, then you are nothing but a tyrant." 

Nameless smiled at Akashi's words, "Akashi Seijuurou, what exactly is a 'King' to you?" 

Akashi gained speed and he flew towards the long haired man with his blades. Nameless didn't look fazed at all as he parried Akashi's sword strikes with his claymore with only a single hand.

"For me, a 'King' is someone who is willing to sacrifise in order to rule. Take a game of chess for example, both Kings aim to capture one another and during the process the other pieces are captured in return. A king has to be cruel in order to rule; sacrifising anything in order to rule..."

"So you are sacrifising people, people who have a family and a life..." 

"Sacrifises are necessary!" Akashi's cheek was cut but he showed no signs of pain as he continued to go up against Nameless.

"This world will always have flaws in it, forcing perfection upon the world will not create a better world!"

"That is why I will make it so perfect that no one would dare to change it! That is why I needed the Queen! I need her! Only she can pull Soul Keys from anyone, I will have the ultimate army to rule over everything with her!" 

"I won't let you have Chairo..." Akashi gripped the scissor blades and made them form into a huge sword. 

"That Nijimura sure gave me so much trouble...he created the Queen's Heart and altered it so it will match one person's DNA. He sure loves to torture me... So I got rid of him..."

"You..."

"Do you want to see?" Nameless walked towards one of the pillars within his office and he used his claymore's hilt to tap it. A noise came from the pillar and the marble layer parted to reveal something Akashi never wanted to see.

"That...!" Seeing Nijimura's head encased inside the glass, something in Akashi snapped.

"Akashi, do you see that?" Sitting on the tallest tree's branch, Nijimura pointed at a rainbow that's outside of the glass dome, "Someday, a rainbow will appear in here too." 

"I believe that day too. Are you sure it is a good idea to meet up with me?" 

"What? Just because I am 'working' for Nameless? They have the finest of the finest technology...only there I can create hope." 

"Hope, huh?" 

"You don't believe me? Akashi, do you know why I named the group Kiseki no Sedai?"

"Because we are the Generation of Miracles?" 

"There will be a time when a miracle will sweep across Japan and free us from this prison. Once I give you the Queen's Heart, find a girl called Chairo Mitsuru." 

"Why her?" 

"I have looked up statistics at the human resources and she shows promising skills. I believe she is the heroine Japan needs. Such a shame that I can't seem to make a male's equivalent of the Queen's Heart, huh?"

"You gave us King's Fragment." Akashi said to him, "That is better than nothing. What will happen to you once you perfect it?" Akashi asked Nijimura.

"Oh me? I am not sure if I will survive."

"...!" Akashi couldn't believe Nijimura had just bluntly said that. 

"What? I doubt I will be able to make it out alive..." Nijimura looked at Akashi and sighed, "Akashi, I'll leave the group to you if anything bad happens to me, okay? I didn't  make you a King for no fucking reason. Tell you what, until you've seen my dead body, keep searching for me, okay?"

Some time after that, their secret meeting stopped completely...

Akashi held the cylinder shaped vial in his hold. It contained the complete version of Nijimura's last and final research within WINGS. Akashi looked at the vial with his red eyes and he wondered whether the researcher behind this miracle was still alive. The miracle that Ninimura talked about was in his hold...

"Until Nijimura-san returns, I will be in charge of the Kiseki no Sedai. Does anyone have anything to say against it?" He asked the other members of the group. 

"Akashicchi, what happened to..." Kise started.

"I do not know. While we are busy on the move, we will also look out for news about Nijimura-san's whereabouts." 

"Akashi-kun, are you..." 

"Thanks for worrying but no need to worry about me, Kuroko. Just focus on what's ahead of us." It was his first time to be the leader and he was doing well like a natural. 

"I know Nijimura-san made you the leader, you can do with a vice-leader...just saying." Midorima offered his assistance to Akashi but he beated around the bush in the long way. 

"Thank you, Midorima. This is the only thing that's changed. Everything else is still normal." 

All this time, Akashi wanted to find the whereabouts of Nijimura but was unable to find him. Being told that Nijimura has been gotten rid of, the usually calm Akashi was enraged with a thirst to kill the man in front of him. 

"I will kill you!"