♥02♥ She's my antidote

"Kiseki no Sedai is a group that's actually trying to save you all." Kise claimed again, putting his own gun away. He's not going to start a fight with anyone because that's not his mission at all.

"How can we be so sure that we can even believe you?" Kobori asked him, still suspicious of him.

"The virus is not even a natural virus. It is a man-made virus that WINGS themselves have created."

"Bullshit, then why are WINGS training soldiers to kill them?" Kasamatsu questioned. It's awfully stupid to create something only to destroy it, right?

"The Angels you see out there are not complete. They are hoping to create an Angel that can sustain human intelligence. So far, their results haven't been great." Kise stated, "They are only training you guys because you guys are the clean up crew."

"What?!" Moriyama was shocked of the terrorist's words.

Mitsuru began to wonder about Kise's knowledge; WINGS were actually keeping everyone in check just to experiment the virus on them? Mitsuru always thought that something like a virus will come and go but there's actually no news about a cure being made at all? What can she believe in from now on? What kind of path should she walk on from now on?

"Mitsucchi, I need to go now..." Seeing that he has yet to earn a single trust, there's no way Kise can take Mitsuru to the Kiseki no Sedai base without initiating a fight so he decided to come again next time."Mitsucchi, I will save you... No matter whose side you are on." Kise opened the window and jumped out of it.

"Kise..." Mitsuru doesn't know what to think anymore...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After staying for a short while, Kasamatsu decided he should take her home. He thanked Kobori for letting them stay over and told him to get a good night's rest. He also thanked Kobori and Moriyama for their support today.

"You can repay me by introducing to cute girls!"

"Don't start acting like the comic relief, Moriyama!" Kasamatsu scolded before driving off with Mitsuru behind him.

"Mitsuru, do you want to play some basketball?"

"You really want to lose that bad?"

...

She sounded so confident about it but Kasamatsu was much better at basketball than she was. Whenever Kasamatsu wanted to be alone with her, he would choose to come to the abandoned basketball court with her. The two of them would play basketball here, killing time.

"Ah!" Mitsuru got the ball stolen and watched as Kasamatsu score a three-pointer.

"Hmph! A perfect three-pointer!" Mitsuru could have sworn that Kasamatsu should be a basketball player since he's really good at it.

"If we are reincarnated in a new life, would you want to become a basketball player?"

"Maybe. If there is such a thing..." Kasamatsu looked at the basketball bounce away. He ran to get it and then he held it with both his hands. He smiled at the sight of it, a warm smile.

"Yukio-senpai..." She can tell he would rather play basketball than become a soldier. She kind of feel sorry for him and herself; they're not allowed to choose what they want to become. There were times when the glass dome felt like a prison more than a protection. "Senpai?"

"Hm?"

"What does the wind feel life?"

"If I can remember, it feels so comforting." Kasamatsu walked over to sit against the wired fence, he pat the spot next to him, telling her to sit by his side.