Chapter 27

A lazy smile stretched across my lips as I began waking up, the blaring light trying to pass by still closed eyelids. The bed felt warm, making me fall warm as well, and I couldn't deny myself the pleasure of burying further into the soft sheets enveloping my body and taking a whiff, wanting to take in Lisa's sweet scent that lingered on everything she touched.

I wanted to come closer to her, curl my body into hers as her arm rested on my hip possessively. But I didn't. Because as soon as I breathed in, instead of feeling the one I thought I woke up beside, I felt someone else's scent clinging onto the soft material of the sheets.

That's when I realized that the blaring sunlight wasn't coming inside of Lisa's apartment through her windows and that it wasn't her apartment at all that I was in. That I wasn't lying in her bed, my hair spread across her pillows, with her breath against my neck and her gentle touch.

As the realization started dawning on me, I noticed that while the hold on my hip was possessive like hers; it was harsh, nails digging into my skin slightly. It wasn't her gentle touch that made me feel secure and safe, rather one to keep me in place - all his. My nose didn't detect her smell, instead, a musky scent of the man I despised. Even the sheets smelled like him, and it was just his first day home.

Just a few days with Lisa and I craved her presence more than before. I got so used to her that my first thought in the morning was no longer of a tyrant, but of the black-haired beauty who would pull me closer to her warm body once, she'd feel me stir in her arms. I was expecting her breath to tickle my skin as she would bury her face into the crook of my neck, placing gentle kisses on my nape and shoulders.

My smile started faltering because instead of waking up beside her, I woke up beside him. In his penthouse. Tied to him. In his possession. My break was over. The happy, sweet days have ended, and I was brought back into reality where I didn't have the privilege to enjoy life. I was back where I was supposed to be; in his arms, a metal ball chained to my leg, stopping me from moving without his approval.

So when he pulled me closer, I shivered in disgust. I didn't want to go back to the real world. I wanted to stay in the fantasy of where Lisa and I were happy. Where she was mine, and I was hers. Always and forever.

"Good morning," he murmured into my hair and I closed my eyes, willing for this nightmare to end. But it wouldn't. Because unfortunately, no matter how many times I pinched myself, there was no waking up from reality.

"Hey," I greeted my husband sleeping in the bed beside me.

"What's the time?" he asked, his hoarse voice muffled by my hair, making the urge to wash it heighten. I wanted to wash away his scent, his fingerprints, his breath, his touches, and his kisses that he placed on the crown of my head. I wanted to erase the trace of him.

"Just past eight," I looked at the digital clock on my nightstand, displaying the neon red digits.

"Mhm," Chanyeol hummed and slipped his hand under my shirt. Thankfully, he didn't go any higher and rested his palm against the baby bump. It didn't make me feel all that relieved because it only reminded me that the child wasn't just mine, but his too, and it hurt to remember.

"I'll have to go to work soon," he complained, "I wish I could stay here with you forever. I really want to show you how much I missed you," I felt him smirk against my hair as he ground against my butt, causing my face to contour in disgust.

"When did you come home?" I questioned, trying to deflect his innuendo.

"About two in the morning, I think,"

"I'm sorry I didn't wait for you. I was exhausted," I apologized, worried he would start an argument if I didn't.

"That's alright. You have to stay healthy for Yongsun," he placed a kiss behind my ear, making me shiver in disgust which he, seemingly, interpreted as attraction, and ground against me once more, "You make me so hard when you react to me like that,"