Chapter 28

"I said," he threatened and flounced towards me, his shoulders shaking in anger, "Look at it!" he grasped the back of my head, forcing it down and almost slamming it against the desk.

"Do you see?" he laughed, "Do you see what she fucking did to you? That fucking lying dyke?"

"No..." I sobbed as I stared at the name in disbelief, tears falling on the page before me freely, smearing the ink, but the name was still clear, as if untouched by the salty droplets.

"Read it out loud, Chaeyoung. Come on, say it," he prodded calmly this time.

"Manoban," I breathed, "Bam Bam Manoban,"

"That's right, she fucking knew about it all along and didn't tell you a thing. Why do you think that is, hm?"

"N-No..." I choked out, "This.... this isn't possible... it can't be... I don't-"

"Don't what? Believe it?" he chuckled in amusement and forced my head down to look at the files again, staring into brown eyes that were so similar to Lisa's even on the picture.

"Look at his face, he did this. There is proof, he was sentenced and is in prison for the murder he committed. Murder Chaeyoung, not an accident. And I will make sure the fucker will rot in there forever,"

"I can't-... I..." there were no coherent words that I could speak at that moment. My mind was a mess and I couldn't process the things going on around me. I couldn't look into the face of the murderer who killed my parents and acknowledge who was staring back at me. It just wasn't possible. This couldn't be the truth. It had to be some sick joke, some prank. But as my unfocused eyes roamed the page, I knew it wasn't.

Lisa has known all along.

Her brother murdered my parents in cold blood, stalked them for weeks, and she knew. This entire time she knew, and she never as much as mentioned it. This whole time she played the victim, like I left her and ruined her life, like I was the villain, when in fact it was her. When it was she who caused this. Her brother, who ruined everything. And all the while she would hate me. She would show me just how much she loathed me when she knew it was his fault all along.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Couldn't believe the words printed across the page in bold. She knew, and she never told me. She pretended to be innocent while knowing it was him who took the last people I had left out of my life. That it was her precious brother who wiped them out of existence.

Tears kept falling on the paper stack before me, drenching it and seeping into it, making the words printed across mesh with the ones behind it. The walls were pressing in around me and have my mind not been completely preoccupied, I would have worried about falling to the ground as my knees wobbled. I couldn't hold myself up anymore. Not with the revelation making its way into all parts of my brain, making sure I understood its meaning. That I understood the people I've let into my life to ruin it.

I was becoming dizzy, my head was spinning, and I had to grip the edge of the desk so I wouldn't tumble over. I could hear the pounding of my heart, the ringing in my ears as blood flowed through my veins. I didn't feel anger or sadness, just disorientation. Like everything around me became blank, and I was a single black splash on an empty canvas; enveloped in nothingness.

My mind gave out, completely rid of all thoughts as Chanyeol kept flipping the pages. And with each sound of the page turning, flashes of the past appeared before my eyes. Shouts in the distance that I knew I must've dreamt, not being present during the no longer accident, but murder. Bloodied clothes and bodies on every picture Chanyeol forced me to look at, reminding me of when I went to the morgue to see them for the last time.