Chapter 41

A/N: Guys!!! Michael is 33!!! He's not an old dude, come on. If you need a little visual, just search for Rome Flynn. Like he's the type of guy I imagine Michael to be.

-

"Lisa!"

I burst through the door with Michael in tow, his gun ready in his hand, just in case he was to use it. I looked around frantically, searching for the raven woman in the utmost distress.

Ever since I realized she was in danger, I could not stop thinking about anything else. I felt sick to my stomach. My insides were twisted and shriveled up in anxiety, and I was short of breath. No matter how much I yelled for Michael to go faster, time moved regularly, not slowing or stopping until I got to the other woman.

I wasted so much time at the penthouse; I was reckless and stupid. And I was exactly what he called me so many times; naïve. Tears were running down my neck, dampening my shirt as I wailed, not being able to do anything other than wait and hope it wasn't too late as Michaels's car zoomed through the night.

Taking two steps at a time, not being able to think clearly, I practically broke down the door with sheer force. Though I didn't see any of Chanyeol's cars upon arrival, it didn't mean she was safe and I had to do everything in my power to get to her as soon as possible. Not even Michaels's voice following after me, and pleading for me to let him go in front, could stop me. I couldn't care less what would happen to me. I just needed to see her.

"Rosie!" came Lisa's equally frantic voice as she ran to me, jumping into my open arms, arms crossing behind my neck.

Immediately, my arms were secured around her waist, holding her tightly, absolutely terrified to let go.

"You asshole!" Lisa proclaimed, sobbing into my neck as she held onto me for dear life.

"Are you okay?" I asked, panicked, pulling away just slightly so I could catch a glimpse of her face.

Cupping her cheek, I turned her head to the side gently, searching for any sign of injury, but thankfully, seeing none. The only thing out of the ordinary was how swollen her eyes were and how her lip trembled as she looked at me. Truthfully, my heart broke a little more with each quiver.

"Thank God you're okay," I leaned my forehead against hers, "I was so scared something happened to you, Lili," I sobbed, "I don't think I could handle it if something—" my voice broke as a sob wracked my body. Unable to do anything else, I pulled the crying woman into me, burying my face in the crook of Lisa's neck, my tears wetting her skin, "I thought I lost you,"

"Where were you?!" she asked, her tone angry and accusatory. Yet, her hold on me only tightened, betraying her love and concern, "Why did you leave? You promised you wouldn't! You fucking promised!"

"I'm sorry," I mumbled against her skin, "I'm so sorry, Lili,"

"No," she shook her head, her body trembling with each sob and sniffle. Or perhaps it was my body that moved hers with every tremor I experienced, "You can't just... you can't just leave me like that! I was so fucking scared, Rosie and I couldn't fucking do anything but hope and wait you'd come back. How could you do that to me again?!"

Lisa pulled away, tears falling from her eyes freely, like tiny crystals crossing her waterline, twinkling in the faint light of the scattered lightbulbs. Her hands fisted the fabric of her hoodie that I wore, clinging onto it tightly with all her might before releasing one of them and punching my chest, "How could you?!" her soul could bleed an ocean through her eyes, that was the enormity of her sobbing as her fists kept hitting my torso.

And I let her. I let her release her anguish, her anger, and her disappointment in me. I took all of it and endured her pain as I averted my eyes to the floor, unable to look at her in shame. She kept asking the same things over and over, each word emphasized with a hit, yet I didn't dare speak a word. I didn't dare to stop her. Because I deserved every word she said; every punch. But most of all, I was just happy she was alive. Happy that she cared enough to be angry with me.