Chapter 42

As impossible as it might have seemed, I actually forgot about the entire operation Michael and I partook in a few days ago. I guess it was because of how with emotion and a sense of worry I was when I questioned Lisa's safety. Nothing else mattered to me then, just like nothing else mattered to me other than she was okay once I found her safe and sound within the walls of her loft.

However, the thought of just how easily I could've lost her that night completely clouded my mind, removing everything else from it. Lisa was the only thing I could think of and focus on. Every other problem I might have had, forgotten.

We were good after we talked, there was no tension between us and since we've taken a bath together that night, we hadn't mentioned it again; both of us probably too scarred by the events to bring them up. After all, it didn't matter anymore. We were both safe in each other's arms, and that was all either of us could care about.

Maybe if for a moment Id stop and think about what actually happened though, I would realize just how strange and unnerving it was that though I left Chanyeol's office trashed, he never reached out. No more Peter. No more harassment. There was no doubt he'd know it was me, yet he did nothing about it. Anything at all.

But there was no space at all for thoughts regarding the older man. I was in my own bubble once again, where no one other than Lisa had access. It was just the two of us, unaffected by the events parting in the world. Time passed differently for us as we bathed in each other's presence. And though she didn't say it out loud, I knew she felt exactly the same; the thought of losing me tortured her to no end.

That's why, for the past few days, neither of us left the loft. Lisa didn't go job hunting for a while, and thankfully she wasn't called in for any interviews either. The fridge and pantry were both stocked, so we didn't have to worry about starving to death. And though our supplies were slowly diminishing, we didn't worry about it too much. We could always get food delivered after all.

One might think we'd get sick of it, quite on the contrary, though. Neither of us suffered from cabin fever, nor did we get tired or irritated by each other. We were anything but. We spent our days mostly in bed or on the couch, cuddling and bathing in our shared body heat. Leo nestled between our bodies, lounging around with us. It's like the small creature could sense our sadness that night as well as the fear and was now grateful all was well again.

Though we were cooped up inside though, it didn't mean we were disgusting, laying in our own trash or something. The only time either of us, well, Lisa, would leave the apartment was to take out the trash and that was about it. We kept the loft clean, took care of Leo, and ourselves as well. Just because we refused to let go of one another didn't mean we let go of hygiene.

Lisa even continued working out at home now that she wasn't going to the gym (since it would be difficult to lift weights with me practically glued to her). Initially, I didn't complain one bit. Watching her muscles flex and tense under the pressure was definitely a while worthy sight. It left me drooling and breathless, and more often than not, Lisa ended up doing a different type of body extortion before she got to the end of her routine. And though she complained about my distracting tactics, I knew she enjoyed what my "workout routine" encompassed.

However, as time went on, Lisa asked me to work out with her. Not the type of workout I grew accustomed to, sadly, but an actual workout. And suddenly, there was something to complain about. Of course, at first, I declined her offer, explaining that watching her sweat was much more enjoyable than sweating myself. However, her argument that I sweat either way was too justified for me to try to make a comeback. And so I found myself next to her, on my own mat, often scolded by Lisa for foregoing the exercises by looking at her instead. Could I really be to blame when she, as if on purpose, wore just a sports bra and leggings that hugged her ridiculously hot body perfectly?