Chapter 37

"Where is she?"

"I told you already, I don't know," she spoke with annoyance lacing her words.

"Bullshit,"

"I don't have time for this," I heard her attempting to close the door, but a loud bang caused by what I assumed to be his fist stopped it from shutting.

"You're not going anywhere until you tell me where she is," he roared.

"And how am I supposed to know, huh? Just fuck off you've been here two times already, don't you have better things to do,"

"Listen here, you little shit. I know you're hiding her in here, so you're either going to give her up willingly or I'm coming to get her,"

"She. Is. Not. Here." she spoke through gritted teeth, probably trying to keep her composure, "Why does your monkey brain have such a hard time grasping the subject. Ease up on the steroids big guy cause it seems to be killing your brain cells. I mean, one would think you'd understand after the first time I told you, but it really does seem you're getting dumber with every visit,"

I heard her gasp suddenly, making me jump back up to my feet, ready to run out of the bathroom and pounce on the man outside the door. And then I heard a slam, followed by a groan, and my hand trembled against the barn door. I knew I agreed I wouldn't engage, that I wouldn't give out my whereabouts, but what was the point when he clearly knew I was here and terrorized Lisa because of it. Still, I stayed put as I remembered Lisa's pleading, despite wanting to run out and pummel the man's face for touching her.

"Are we about to kiss right now?" I heard her choke out and could clearly make out the smirk she probably wore. Under different circumstances, I might have smiled at the jab, but now, not so much, "Sorry love, guys aren't my type,"

"Fucking dyke. I fucking hate your kind. What a disgrace," he spat.

"Hey, hey! What do you think you're doing?!"

"Out of my way, bitch," my breath hitched.

"Fuck you!" I heard stumbling and almost flew out the door as I heard her next words, "Don't fucking touch me!"

"Or what?"

"Or I'll stop holding myself back and you won't fucking like it,"

"Bet," he taunted and before either of them could get another word out, I heard grunts, stumbling, followed by a slam, and I held my breath, wishing I could see what was going on.

It was quiet for a while and I was ready to disobey Lisa's wishes and run out of the cover I've taken in the bathroom, but then I heard his voice again, "You've just made a big mistake,"

"Oh yeah? You're a stranger barging into my home uninvited. If anyone made a mistake, it's you. So go back to whatever hole you crawled out from before I call the cops,"

"You have no idea what you're up against,"

"I'll take my chances,"

"You'll pay for this," I heard him spit as the footsteps started fading out.

"And don't come back!" Lisa called after him, "If I ever see you again I'm calling the police, asshole!"

As soon as the door shut close, I ran out of the bathroom, tackling Lisa in a bone-crushing hug as soon as she spun around. Despite her shock, and almost sending both of us down at the impact that my body collided with hers created, her arm wrapped around my waist, bringing me closer, while the other tangled itself in my hair. Her fingers ran through my locks soothingly as I clung to her for dear life, trying to calm myself down. I hated this. Hated that she was going through all this because of me.