Welcome to ackley <3

TW: mentions of abuse

Getting away from my dad has been the biggest trouble ever, I never thought I'd have to go to extreme measures to live with my grandmother who isn't as bad as my father but she isn't the best either. My mother died when I was very young, I never really knew her she was always out and left me a babysitter because she didn't like my dad taking care of me. I'm 17 and since I was 4 my dad began drinking, taking drugs, gang violence and worse. He had been to prison 6 times in his lifetime mostly for drugs and robbing shops, so as you can tell already I didn't grow up in a nice environment. He was also abusive towards me and still is. I've never told anyone about it though because what good would that do? I just let it happen over and over again.

Well until now that is, it is my 17th birthday and the same as every year I got nothing, not even a card off anyone other than my friend Katie, she's the only one who has been keeping me in London all this time it's been hard but it would be even harder if she wasn't here. Anyway, my 17th and I got a bad beating from my father, worse than it ever has been before. He left me with a broken nose and arm. I was done putting up with him so I just left. It wasn't hard to leave as he slept during the day and was doing drugs and stuff at night so I had all day to leave. That's exactly what I did

I moved to my grandmothers house in ackley bridge. She didn't mind me being there and I was grateful for her letting me live there. She even got me into the ackley bridge college, I started the day after I got there and I was pretty excited I guess, scared as well as most people I knew were horrible, I've never really been a people person I was hated by everyone at my old school not sure why I guess for how I am. Anyway, I got unpacked in my new room which was freshly decorated in black wallpaper and grey stars. It was beautiful and it didn't have all broken mirrors, glass bottles and wooden doors inside it. I had a quick shower, put my hair in a messy bun and was about to get my first goodnight sleep in a long time. Hoping to meet amazing new people tomorrow.

A/N:
Hope you guys enjoy my first chapter, this is my first book so it isn't that good but hopefully I'll get better. Next chapter should be up later 🖤