Let go

TW:
It had been 5 months since I found out the gender of my child, moved in with Jordan and became the happiest person alive.

I was now 9 months pregnant and due very soon. And I mean very soon, my water had broke a while ago and we rushed to the hospital where I was in so much pain, why did no one mention the horrible pain I was going to face?

It was almost time to start pushing and honestly I wasn't ready for it at all, i was in so much pain I couldn't bare it but all I wanted was to get my baby out of me so I did what I had to.

My screams deafened any other noise in the room, jordan had to leave as they were too much for him to handle. He never liked seeing me in pain so being here was hard for him and I knew that, I tired to calm myself down but every time I did my little girl will become more violent, damn she has my fathers gene already.

The nurses were talking to one another but I couldn't understand them at all, so I kept pushing until my child was out and the amount of relief I felt in that moment was amazing, but that moment was short lived.

They took my child into a special room with Jordan. They seem to be rushing through everything which only made me anxiety rise more. Was my baby okay?

I looked down and noticed tons and tons of blood which hadn't stopped since it started. That's when I connected the dots. It's not my baby that's the problem.

It's me.

" it's okay" I sobbed, she looked at me sympathetically knowing there was nothing she could do to stop this.

I was dying.

" can you get me a pen and paper please" I asked the lovely, saddened nurse.

" of course hunny" she said trying not to show her pain, even a dying person can notice she wished she could do more to help, but what more could you do?

I started writing making sure to add everything I wanted to say to jordan and my baby girl. My heart broke when I realised I don't get to see her grow up into a beautiful young woman. I just wished this letter gave them both guidance without me.

I had finished writing and my blood was still going, they tried everything to stop it but nothing was working. I told them it's okay and to just let me go. They agreed to just let me die in peace.

" please don't let jordan in here, I don't want him to see me like this" I ordered

" honey, what shall we tell him?" One nurse asked

" you tell him I didn't die in pain and I'll watch other them both until the end of time, I promise" I said with a smile.

My last words.

My breath was becoming shaky and everyone knew I was nearly ready to let go, I fought until I couldn't anymore. That's when I saw it. The light everyone talks about. But it wasn't only a light it was my mother stood there asking me to join her.

" it's time to let go darling, it's okay you have me now" my mother said holding out her hand for me to grab.

So that's exactly what I did, I let go. The mashie I was hooked onto stopped and I knew jordan could hear it, I knew I had broken him.

Jordan dropped to the floor beside my dead body screaming. Wondering why no one told him his daughters mother was lay in her death bed. The blood was everywhere, hands were cold, eyes closed. He couldn't see me like this but didn't have the courage to look away, his girl was gone.

The nurse entered making him turn his head, eyes red and puffy.

" just before she went she wrote this for you" she said sympathetically.

" thank you" jordan sniffed, taking the note from her hands into his own.

" oh and she told me to tell you that she wasn't in pain when she went and that she'll always look after you and the baby forever" she said before leaving the room, giving him space

Jordan felt as if she would be watching. So he spoke to her hoping she would hear him from up above.

" I'll make you proud jasmine, I promise you."

And just like that, jordan let go of the love of his life and didn't look back, he knew she wouldn't have wanted him to.

——————————- time skip————————-

Jordan got home with his baby girl, but only one of them. He was distraught and couldn't bare it.

It took him a while to build up the Courage to read the letter. But never let go of it since he got it.

Sighing he opened it and seeing her handwriting made his vision blurry once again and tears stream down his cheeks...

————————————————————————