Those 3 words

It had been days? Weeks? since we left ackley, I couldn't even remember and by this point and and Jordan were running out of money, clothes and places to sleep. It wasn't looking good for either of us right now, we kept trying to stay away from ackley but we knew eventually we would need to go back, we had no choice.

Jordan refused to let me leave his sight, he thought if he did I would get hurt. I really liked that the rude boy I once knew had gone all soft on me, it was really cute seeing him worried about me and sometimes angry with me because I left his sight, but of course he couldn't stay mad at me for long.

My mind would always go back to the 3 words Jordan said to me at the first hotel we slept in. I don't think he knew I heard him so I was too scared to bring it up just incase I made things awkward between us. Maybe he was just tired and it accidentally slipped out, maybe he didn't say it at all and I was just too tired that I imagined it. Anything's possible, right?

I really did try to not make things awkward, but the more I thought about it the more I had to know that I wasn't just imagining it or something, I needed to know that what he felt for me was real because I know we told each other our feelings but ' I like you' is a little different from ' I love you'. I wasn't someone who took those words lightly, I've always seen a difference in the two ways people confess feelings. Saying I love you was a huge deal to me, so if he didn't actually mean it with all his heart then being with him would be pointless because before him I didn't know what love was, but now I know I'm in love and telling him that scared me because once I say those 3 words, there's no going back.

A/N: here you go sorry for not updating for a few days, happy Valentine's Day people 🖤