Part 2

Lily's POV

"Lily," I tell the two boys as I sit in the car extremely weak and in pain.

"I'm Cam and that's Nash," the boy with brown eyes (who is Cam) tells me.

"If you don't mind me asking...What happened to you? Who gave you a black eye?" Cam asks me.

"It's all kind of a blur, actually..." I begin. " I was walking down the street and some man wearing all black just dragged me into the alleyway. He took my money, took my new phone, and then beat me; like, a lot."

"That sucks." Cam responds.

"It's not so bad I guess... I Lived. I just lost my phone and some cash."

"I'll buy you a new phone." Nash offers. "I've got the money."

"Wow...Thank you, I'd appreciate that a lot."
We arrive at the McDonald's drive through a few seconds later and Nash starts to order us all a cheeseburger meal.

We drive up, and get our food. The smell immediately enters my nose and I inhale all I can. I nibble on the fries on our way to what I assume is Nash's house.

When we arrive, and try to make my way limping across the driveway, but I walk through the door, I feel as though my body might give out from underneath me, so I grab onto Nash's and Cam's shoulders for support.

We walk through the house and into the kitchen to find his mom at the sink. "Hey Mom." Nash says, helping me sit down and the kitchen table.

"Hi sweetie-" she says, looking at him and then realizing I'm there. "Who's this?"

"I'm Lily." I say and smile through the pain , trying my best to make a good impression.

"Lily Foster?" She asks, a realization in her eyes.

"That's me!" I say.

Nash's mom wipes her hands with a towel while continuing to talk to me. "Beth Grier. We talked about the babysitting. You're a bit early-" A concerned look replaces her welcoming expression. "Oh dear what happened to your face?!"

Nash explains for me what happened. "Well, I'll drive you back to the House when you finish babysitting." Mrs. Grier offers.

"Wait- so you're babysitting here?" Nash asks in disbelief.

"Yeah," I reply. "I didn't realize this was the house when we pulled up though."

"Well, I'll introduce you to Skylynn." Nash tells me, and he helps me walk up the stairs with him to go to what I imagine is Skylynn's room.

***

It's been 5 scrutinizing hours of babysitting. Don't me wrong, I love being with Skylynn, she's a little bundle of joy and sass. However, the pain in my eye is getting to me.

I'm sitting on the floor of her pink bedroom after putting Skylynn to bed (after she threw a fit because she wanted to stay up and play "horsies") when there's a thud on the ground next to me. I look down at the floor and see an identical phone to what I had. My eyes go to the door and see Nash leaning on the doorway.

"I told you I'd get you a new one." He says. "And there it is."

"Thanks, Nash." I say smiling and picking the phone up. I stand up and walk to the doorway. "I should probably go, since Skylynn isn't alone at home anymore."

I squeeze my way through the opening in the door and head downstairs. Nash follows me. I stand at the front door and put my phone in my pocket.

Nash stands in front of me,cringing as he looks at me. "Your eye...it looks awful." He scoffs.