Part 18

LILYS POV

Cam and I really have no where to go... he doesn't live here and I don't really thing bring him to where I live is a good idea. Grace's family doesn't really like me, and bringing a boy back wouldn't help at all.

I walk out of McDonald's with Cam, my hand in his. "Where to?" I ask.

Cam opens the door to his car and says. "I have an idea... But it'll take a while to get there."

I shrug. "That's okay. Where are you thinking of?"

Cam smiles. "Just get in the car. It's a surprise."

I walk around the front and get in the passenger seat. Cam starts driving to who knows where and I get comfortable in my seat.

I close my eyes, preparing to sleep for the long car ride, when all of a sudden the speakers start to blare in my ears. I jerk up and scream.

Cam laughs. "Sorry! I didn't realize it was that loud." He reaches out and turns it down a little.

Then, like a fangirl, he screams, "OH MY GOSH I LOVE THIS SONG!!" Cam starts singing. "And now that I'm without your kisses, I'll be needin stitches!" Then he quickly turns to me and exclaims "SING WITH ME!" Then goes right back to singing.

I wait until the chorus to come in and I sing like my life depended on it. "Tripping over myself, aching! Begging you to come out, and now that I'm without your kisses! I'll be needing Stitches!!" Cam and I sing the entire song.

The song ends and Cam turns the radio off.

"I've had enough singing." Cam says, pretending to be extremely exhausted. "On another note... Holy crap Lily you can sing!! You're amazing!"

I blush. I don't like when people praise me for "talents".

"I'm not that good... but thanks." I reply.

After 2 long hours, we pull up behind a stadium. I look at Cam. "It can't be football because football season is over." I think out loud.

Cam acts casual and hints by saying, "Music season is never over though."

I widen my eyes. "Cam is this a concert?" He just smiles. I nearly faint. I scream. "OH MY GOSH CAM THANK YOU!!!"

I sit back in my seat. "I've been dreaming of going to one for so long. I've imagined scenarios in my head too many times to remember, and now it's happening!? This is so surreal."

I get out of the car and so does Cam. "Where do we go?" I ask. "Wouldn't the show be sold out?"

Can shrugs and starts walking the opposite way from the main entrance. "Well I happen to know this person. We go in through the back." He replies.

I follow him and jog so I can catch up with him. He reaches the door and opens it, slightly bowing and motions inside. "After you." Cam says politely.

I smile at him. "Thank you." I reply. I love how he can be such and gentleman, but also the biggest goof in the world.

The building is fairly dull where we are. White brick walls and cement floors as far as the eyes can see.

A man with a black shirt with the word SECURITY in yellow walks up to us. He seems to instantly recognize Cam and says, "Follow me. He just started."

The man leads us to the side of the stage where you can take stairs to go onstage. I hear the artist singing and I realize who it is. "Cam I LOVE Shawn Mendes! How'd you know?" I exclaim.

He comes from behind and takes my hand. I look up at him as he looks down at me. "I just knew." He replies.

Cam and I stand at the edge of the stage while Shawn sings. He is one of my favorite artists.

Cam being in MAGCON with Shawn and Shawn being a musician didn't even cross my mind that when Cam said he knew the singer.

"I love you guys, night!" Shawn says as he gives a peace sign. Immediately after, he runs across the stage and down the stairs with his guitar as the mass of fans in the stadium scream.

He looks left toward us and his eyes light up. "Cam!" Shawn exclaims as he walks over to us and gives Cam a hug.

Then, Shawn looks at me and Cam buds in, saying: "This is Lily. It's her birthday today." Cam puts his arm around me. Honestly, I forgot it was even my birthday.

"Then happy birthday Lily! How old?"

I have to think about it for a fraction of a second, because so many things have happened recently that I can't remember the simplest things. "18." I reply.

"Not to brag," Cam begins. Those 3 words make me nervous about what he's going to say. "But not only is she an incredibly beautiful, super kind, very humorous as-of-today-adult, but she's also got the singing voice of an angel."

Why, Cam. Why.

I blush, shaking my head and start to say that I'm not, when Shawn begins talking.

"Well,If you're that good maybe you and I should talk to my record label. I'm sure you're fantastic." He says genuinely to me, smiling.

I smile. "Thanks. That means a lot coming from you. I love your music."

I couldn't leave out that fact that I'm a fan. After all, I may never meet him again.
"Thanks! Do you want a picture?" Shawn asks.

"Sure!" I reply calmly and happily. I act like calm but in my head I'm going: ASFDBOASVFABSCAGSSOSNDOXBSNZOS!!!!!!!

Then, to my surprise, he gives me a hug and kisses my cheek.

Once Cam has taken the picture, Shawn says "I've gotta go, but it was great meeting you Lily! I'll see you later Cam!"

He runs down the hall and out of sight, probably to his tour bus or something.

I look at Cam, smiling. "That was awesome! Thank you for bringing me here."

He and I start walking down the hallway to go to the car.

"So was it the best present EVER?" He asks.

We get to the door leading to the back parking area and Cam opens the door for me. As I walk out I look him in the eye and simply state my answer. "No." His expression is a mixture of surprise and unhappiness.

I run to the car and jump in. Cam gets in a few seconds later. "What do you mean this wasn't the best present ever?" He asks in disbelief.

I shrug. "I already have the best thing I could ask for. No present can top it."

Cam just looks at me, not following what I'm saying.

I roll my eyes. I cup one side of Cam's face with my hand as lightly kiss his cheek.

"You." I say as I sit back in my seat. His eyes light up, his expression radiating care and love, finally understanding what I mean.

"Me too. " Cam replies. We gaze into each others eyes for a few more seconds, and then Cam starts driving.

He takes me to my street, but not up to my house because I don't want the family to know that I'm with him.

He puts the car in park and looks at me."Thank you, for finally letting me back into your life again." Cam says. "I was so miserable without you."

My hand reaches out and grabs his. "Me too. Thank you for not giving up on me over this past year. Thank you for always caring, even though I was across the country."

Cam squeezes my hand. "I'll never give up on you. I'll always care." He looks into my eyes and smiles. I smile back.

I reach my hand behind me and open the car door. "G'night Cam." I say. My legs swing out of the car and I stand up.

"Goodnight Lily." Cam replies.

I shut the door, and start walking to my house. I look back just as I'm about to turn the corner and Cam is still sitting there in his car.

I wave. Cam waves back. I smile, and then turn the corner.

I'm so ready for a good nights sleep. And I'm gonna need it, because tomorrow, I have an entire day with Nash.