Part 14

*from here on out this was written be like a "sequel"*

LILY'S POV

This isn't really how I wanted it to end up, but it did.

It's almost been a year since I moved from California. I miss it, I won't lie, but I know it was the right choice.

I live with my best friend Grace and her family (by adoption) in Orlando, and they're nice and all, but I can tell they don't really want me here.

School sucked so bad, I dropped out and now I take online school. It's easier, but it's lonely. Really lonely. I don't have any friends. Whenever I feel like I can't do it anymore, I remember that I'm doing this for Nash and Cam. I don't think about them that much if I'm honest, just for the occasional motivation to get me through the day.

I'm sitting in the attic, which is my room, at my desk as my math teacher gives me my homework. "Oh and Lily? Since you're such and excellent leader, I'm going to ask you to help our new student. He'll message you asking questions and you'll treat him with respect and kindness, correct?" My teacher asks.

I sigh. "Of course, Ms. Brown." She always gives compliments before giving bad news, or in my case a crappy job.

What I don't understand about this situation is it's May, and school ends in a month, and this student joins now. It doesn't really make sense.

"Thank you. Good luck!" Ms. Brown says, then she cuts off the connection.

I let my head hang over the back of the chair as I groan. Why is it always me.

I hear a notification on my Macbook - did I mention that Grace's family is REALLY rich? And yet I'm stuck in the attic... - and slowly lift my head up. My hand reached for the mouse and I click the message box.

Student 6739: Hey. I'm the new student. Ms. Brown told me to talk to you.

Me: Hey. Welcome to Edunet. I'm Lily Grier. What can I help you with?

Student 6739: I can't believe this worked... Lily!?

I scrunch my eyebrows. What does that mean?

Me: Uh... Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean?

Student 6739: Lily. It's me. Nash.

No. This can't be happening. I can't get away. I guess it's true, you can't run away from your problems.

NASH'S POV

"OH MY GOSH CAM!!" I scream. I stare at my laptop in disbelief.

Cam walks up behind me and looks over my shoulder. "It worked! We found Lily!" Cam exclaims

I let huge grin spread across my face. "I'm gonna keep talking to her." I tell Cam.

Cam sighs. "Do you really think she's gonna talk to you though?"

"I don't know," I respond. "But I have to at least try."

Me: Lily I miss you so much. Are you coming back for the summer?

It takes a while for Lily to reply, but I keep my eyes glued to the screen until she does. A message pops up andI read it.

Lily: sorry, Nash, but I'm not. It costs a lot to get a plane and I don't have the money to do it. I can't talk now, my birthday is tomorrow and I'm going shopping with Grace. I've got to go.

"No no no no no-" I say to the screen, but I see the words 'user offline' and know that she's gone. I don't know why I thought this would work. After all I've put her through, why would she want to talk to me? Still, doesn't she miss me even a little?

Wait- did she say...her birthday?

I turn to Cam. "Get in the car." I tell him. I have a plan. This might actually work.

LILYS POV

I miss Nash so much,as well as Cam. I try not to think about it, but deep down I've never forgotten. The pain slowly kills me like poison. Every time I think about Nash and Cam, the wound they created that I've tried so hard to heal opens and hurts more each time.

It was so hard to say no to him, but I need to stay away from my past. It's too painful to bring up again and if I'm given an opportunity to go back, I won't be able to resist even though I need to.

Grace opens my door with a smile. She's much happier out of The House, and I like that. "Who's ready to go shopping!?" She exclaims while making jazz hands.

I decide to push my worries into the back of my mind and focus on where I'm at. "This almost birthday girl is!"I reply. I stand up, snatch my purse from my bed, and walk out to go to the mall.

***

Hours later, at 10:00 at night, we finally get back home with at least 5 bags full of clothes.

I mean, it's not a bad thing that her parents are rich.

Grace and I drop the bags on my bed and find ourselves panting. "Now you gotta try them all on!" Grace exclaims.

She's also more excited about everything since she was adopted. She seems to have more hope in the world. I'm happy for her. I just wish I felt the same as her more often.

I fall down on my bed. "I'm too tired. I'll try them on tomorrow, okay?" I tell Grace.

"Okay." She replies. "G'night." Grace yawns as she walks out if my room and shuts the door.

My eyes close before I can take the clothes we bought off my bed and I fall asleep.

/////
I'm back!!! I hope you guys liked this chapter!Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with theater and school and those are my priorities, but anyways... I think I'm gonna update weekly instead of just random days.
I love you guys!💕