Part 19

NASH'S POV

My eyes open. Today is the day. A whole day after so long. I'm thrilled to spend time alone with Lily.

I sit up slowly and push my self out of hotel bed, stepping on my sheets that have fallen on the floor. I walk to the bathroom and take the orange bottle on the counter in my hand. My fingers unscrew the cap and I take 2 pills. Hopefully these will keep me healthy like the doctor said.

It takes me 20 minutes to get ready.

Appropriately, I wear a Mickey shirt that I bought when Lily and I went to Disneyland. It's appropriate because, I thought it would make sense to now take her to Disney WORLD.

Call it cheesy... but I don't care if it is. I'm Nash Grier and I do what I want.

When I arrive at her house, Lily comes out quickly so that the family she's staying with doesn't see anything. She slides in and slams the door shut.

"So where are we going?" She asks while putting he seat belt on.

"Not telling you." I reply as I begin to drive. A cough comes out of me unexpectedly.

Lily pulls her hair out from underneath the seat belt. "Another surprise?" She asks.

"Yup." I answer. Another cough. A painful one.

"Are you okay?" Lily asks, referring obviously to my coughing.

"Yeah." I lie. And another cough. The air feels thinner. Less... breathable. "I'm fine."

"Alright..." Lily says suspiciously. "Well, a surprise sounds good to me." Lily continues,. "I can't imagine how you'll top your last surprise though."

I can't top my last surprise? Oh, just watch me. That is, if I don't get worse.

LILYS POV

Okay, so maybe he can top his last surprise.

Disney WORLD. Magic Kingdom. I'm in the most magical place on earth with the person I love most. What could possibly be better?

Nash and I walk hand in hand underneath the train station and onto Main Street USA. The smell of candy and cookies and popcorn fills the air, the giggles of children fill my ears as they prance around the park full of excitement and joy, the beautiful place that is Disney World.

I skip down the street toward Cinderella's castle, passing ice cream carts, numerous shops, and cast members holding bundles of Mickey balloons along the way.

Nash and I get closer to the castle, almost right in front of it. "Isn't this amazing, Nash?" I ask. I already know the answer because it's obvious that this place is astounding.

"Totally. Really amazing." He replies between coughs.

Nash has told me the coughs are nothing, and I trust him enough to believe him. I won't go nagging him about it all day.

"Come on," I tell him. "Let's go to Fantasyland first! Oh! And we can get some candy on the way!"

The child in me is definitely showing as I , once again, skip through the crowd laughing. Nash follows behind.

Not too far away from the castle, the gates to Fantasyland are right in front of me. Two more steps and I'm in every little girls dream land, including mine.

"I can barely take it!" I exclaim to Nash. "We have to go quick, the lines will be getting long for rides, let's go!" I don't move, waiting for a response from Nash which I'm sure will come, but I hear nothing.

"Nash?" I ask.

Still no answer.

"NASH?" I say louder as I turn around. I gasp and start to feel dizzy. "NASH!"

A few yards away, Nash is collapsed on the ground, seemingly unconscious.

I run to him and get on my knees. "Nash?" I say. "Nash! If this is some sort of sick prank stop right now! NASH!"

I put my ear above his heart. I can hear a heartbeat, but I don't feel his chest moving up and down. He's not breathing. This is all happening so fast, and so far it's just gone downhill.

I quickly sit up and start yelling. "Someone please help! He can't breathe! Please! Someone call 911!"

He told me he could top his last surprise. He sure did; in the worst possible way.

People start to surround Nash and I. "It's Nash Grier!" I hear as well as numerous gasps. "I'll go get someone to help!" Somebody in the crowd establishes and runs away for assistance.

There's nothing I can do to save Nash . I feel so hopeless and desperate. I've never felt so powerless in my entire life.

I stay kneeling next to Nash, lift his head onto my lap, cupping his face with my hand and pushing his long, floppy hair back, repeating his name hoping that I'll call him out of his state of unconscious .

I stare at him, willing for him to wake up, praying that I'll see his eyes that are always so full of life again, that I'll be in his arms once more, that I'll be able to tell him how much I love him, but all of it is indefinite.

The future is unknown; and that scares me.

:/thanks for reading!:):):):)