Part 36

1 year later

Hailey's POV

I don't know how something can feel so right, yet feel so wrong at the same time.

I stand at the door. It's almost my turn. Grace and Hayes look back at me with a smile, before they walk out into the aisle, arm in arm.

"Ready, kiddo?"

My head turns to my dad. "Yeah, let's get this show on the road..." I reply. I link arms with him and I walk slowly down the aisle, tears forming.

It's unbelievable that this is happening. I'm getting married.

I look at Cam, who's dressed in a black tuxedo. He smiles as he looks at me.

My feet take me to him, and he grasps my hand. "Nervous?" He asks me with a whisper.

"Yes..." I reply. I add, looking at him, " But I couldn't be happier."

Cam looks into my eyes lovingly. We reach the altar, and stand to face each other, holding both of each others hands.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Lily Foster, and Cameron Dallas."

I don't hear most of what the priest says, stuff about the significance of our vows, our duties as a married couple, and the roles we have in our marriage. I understand that I should be hearing these things and that they're important, but I can't help but just stare at Cam.

In the back of my head, where I never dare pay attention to, I'm imagining this moment, except with Nash. Like how it was supposed to be before he died.

I snap out of my thoughts and listen to what's going on.

"And now the exchanging of vows." The priest says.

"Cameron Dallas. Words cannot even begin to describe my love for you.

"You were my first everything. My first crush, my first kiss, the first person I'd ever fallen in love with, and my first and only husband.

"I'd never known what love truly was, until I met you. You never hesitated when showing your affection for me. You'd do and say the cutest little things, you made me feel special in a way no one else did or ever could.

"You saved me in that alleyway with...with Nash..." I pause.

Breathe, Lily, breathe.

"You saved me in the alleyway with Nash, you were a complete stranger who was kind enough to help a broken girl like me. And look where that act of kindness got us. Here we are, saying our vows, getting married.

"I promise to always be there for you, as you were for me. I promise to take care of you when your sick, I promise to be with you when you go through hard times. I can't wait to start my life with you, and to make a promise to God that I will always love you. I love you, Cam. I love you more than anything in the world.

"Thank you for seeing the good in me, and loving me. I can't say this enough to you for you to under stand how much I mean it: I love you."

A tear falls from Cam's eye and he smiles.

I see Hayes handing Cam a sheet of paper, words scribbled all over it. Cam's hands shake as he holds it.

My hand reaches out and I hold his hand until it stops shaking. And when I let go, he begins.

Cam's POV

"Lily. I would like to start off by apologizing for having to read my vows; I know you'll have them memorized, because they come from the heart, right in the moment. And they were. That's just the kind of person you are.