Part 28

Lily's POV

Nash told me to spend the day with Cam. He thinks Cam has been having a bad couple days. I agree and decide to surprise him at his house.

It takes me a while to find his house, but eventually I find it and walk up to the door.

The door is translucent, and I can see a person walking up to the door. The door opens and it's not Cam, but an older woman, probably in her late 40s, early 50s.

I smile politely as she smiles back. "Hi," I introduce. "I'm Lily."

She points at me. "Nash's adopted sister?" She asks.

I smile. I guess that's how people know me. "Yep, that's me!" I say happily.

"I'm Cam's mom." She says, holding out her hand. I shake it and smile politely again. "Oh, I've heard so much about you! Cameron goes on and on about you. You're just as beautiful as he has said."

I feel my face turn as red as a rose. He called me beautiful? He talks about me to his family?

"Why are you blushing? He loves you more than anything in this entire world. No need to he embarrassed about that, sweetheart." Mrs. Dallas winks at me.

I giggle. "I assure you, I love him too." I pause and just stand there smiling. I probably look like an idiot. "So, is Cam here?" I ask. "Unless he's busy or something."

Mrs.Dallas smiles. "He'll never be too busy for you." She winks at me again. "Come on in," she says, moving out of the way. I walk in and it is a very big, very nice house. "Cameron's upstairs in his room. Just walk in, he won't mind. It'll be a nice surprise to see you today."

I look back quickly and say "It was great to meet you Mrs.Dallas!"

She waves. "You too! I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of each other in this lifetime."

I run up the stairs and turn the corner. I take a guess at which room is Cam's and open and run through the door. I expect to have open space, but instead, I run into something, or in fact someone. I tumble to the ground, taking the person with me. I push myself up into a push up like position and look what I've fallen on top of.

Of all the things that could've happened,of course I've fallen on top of Cam. He looks up at me and smiles. His hair is all over the place and it looks like he's just waken up. "Hey." He says casually.

I wince. "Let's pretend like this never happened." I suggest. I push my self up and get back to a standing position.

"You can." Cam says. "Me though... probably not." I give him the evil eye and he just laughs. " So what are you doing here?" He asks.

I sit down on his bed. "I wanted to see you." I answer plainly. "I missed you."

Cam smiles,but says nothing. It seems like he doesn't quite know what to say next.

I clear my throat. "I met your Mom." I tell him, trying to keep this not awkward. "She's super nice."

Cam nods in agreement. "Yeah." Silence. We both stare at the ground.

There's something that I know I need to say.

He needs to know it. I need to confirm it. And before I can give it further thought, it all comes spilling out in a jumble of words.

"Agh... Cam I know you don't think I do but I love you. I love your smile, I love your laugh, I love the way your eyes light up when your happy, I love every little quirk and imperfection about you. I love you so much and you have no idea how much you mean to me.

"And I know you love me. Your mom told me, but even before she did I knew. You've never done anything to wrong me and I know you're doubtful about us but I haven't a doubt that there is an us and I need you to stop acting like I'm a prize to be won and you and Nash are the competitors. I am his and I am yours and all I need is you both but, Cam... I need you. I LOVE you! If it's not too much to ask, it'd be nice to hear you actually say it to my face again."

Cam just stares at me, in disbelief. He probably can't believe those word just came out of my mouth. I can't believe those words just came out of my mouth. "Lily, I... I don't know what to say." Cam says.

I stand up and walk so I'm less than 5 inches in front of him. "I know what you need to say." I instruct him. "Tell me you won't see me as a prize anymore. Tell me you won't see this whole thing between Nash and you and I as a competition. Tell me that you know that I love you. Tell me you love me." I stare into his chocolatey brown eyes seriously. He stares back.

"I know this isn't a competition." Cam begins. "But you are a prize. I need to win you. At least that's what I thought. Now I know you love me. I love you." He stares at me in silence for a moment. A laugh escapes him. "Lily, I'm in love with you."

I smile. Cam smiles back. We just stand there in this moment of admittance. We love each other. I never thought this could happen, that a feeling could be so raw and real. But it is. I take his hands. Warm and soft. My toes point and lift me closer to Cam's height. My chin tilts up to reach his lips and I press mine against his. He kisses me back and I know that this has to be it. If there was any doubt that I loved him, which there wasn't, there certainly isn't now.

"Me too." I say as I pull away and look into his eyes. "You mean the world to me, and I never want to lose you." He pulls me closer and I rest my head on his shoulder.

Nothing more is said. Nothing else needs to be said.

All good things must come to an end, however, and the serene silence that followed the momentous occasion of us expressing ourselves to each other was broken by him speaking.

"I'm glad you came, because I had something planned." Cam explains. He pulls away from the hug and looks at me with a casual smile. "I wanted to spend time with you again, so I set something up."

I look back at him. "What!?" I exclaim. "Tell me!" I jump a little in excitement.

Cam shrugs. "You'll have to wait until later tonight. So that means your stuck with me for the rest of the day until then."

A groan comes from my mouth. " I have to stay with you?" I whine. After a pause,I giggle. "No, I'm kidding. I'd spend everyday for the rest of my life with you if I could. And I'm excited. This is our first date in...well... forever."

I never really realized that we really haven't ever gone on dates. Yet we're so close... Kinda weird how that works.

"Yeah..." Cam says, scrunching his eyebrows. "Well, let's change that. You're gonna love what I have planned, you'll see."

||||||