Part 15

Lily's POV

It's my birthday today and I'm trying on the clothes that Grace and I bought yesterday. I come out from my closet wearing a loose red tank , a star necklace, and bleached white-ish jean shorts... as well as the red beanie from.

" I like it!" Grace says with a smile on her face. She shovels a piece of my birthday cake in her mouth.

" I agree. I'm keeping this." I reply while nodding.

As I begin to walk back to my closet, my phone rings. Grace reaches across my bed to my pillow and takes my phone off of it. I don't tell her not to because it wouldn't do anything.

"Lily it's for you. I suggest you take it." Grace says. The tone in her voice as well as the look in her eyes makes me a little wary, but I walk over to her , take the phone from her hand and put it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I say, my voice getting higher like it always does when does when I talk on the phone.

"Happy Birthday Lily!" I hear. No. Not that voice.

I take a second to breathe before I respond.

"Thank you, Nash. Listen I can't talk right now."

"Lily... why are you avoiding us? Cam and I miss you so much. He still loves you. I still love you. Don't you miss us even a little?"Nash continues. I'm decide not to answer that question. He doesn't, nor does anyone else ,have the right to know why I do things.

"Nash, I'm hanging up." I state.

Then Nash snaps back."Don't you love us? Or have you forgotten?"

That question hits me like a wrecking ball.
The way he said sounded like a confession of his feelings, he thinks I've forgotten.

I wish he was right, but boy is he wrong.

You know what,I can't handle this anymore. That question crossed the line for me.

I quickly start walking out my room and down the stairs to leave. I need to take a nice, long walk alone to sort out my thoughts. "Nash, I'm leaving and I won't have reception and I'm gonna hang up." I reach the door and yank it open. I'm looking at the ground as I walk out of the house and shut the door behind me.

But then I stop in my tracks. I see feet. Two pairs of feet. Two people. I look up, hoping my assumptions are wrong, but I'm right.

My emotions are mixed and my mind is swarming with questions and thoughts about this situation. What do I do? It's been a year, how do I handle this?

// the end of this chapter, sorry I haven't updated in a little bit I just have a lot of school work that I need to focus on! Anyways, thanks for reading and I love you all!!💕