Part 16

Lily's POV

I look into Nash's big blue eyes. I've missed him, but he can't be here. I look over into deep, dark brown eyes that I've missed more than anything. But I can't miss him.

"Hey Lily." Nash says calmly, though I can see the excitement in his eyes.

"Happy Birthday!" Cam says. "We flew down to Orlando to see you! Surprise!" I stand there with my mouth a gape, not knowing what to do. All I want to do is run into their arms and feel their embrace again after such a long time, but I can't... not yet.

I smile a little, just to be polite. "Hey." I say. I continue standing where I am and don't budge.

"What, no hug, no 'I missed you'?" Cam teases, but I know my lack of showing emotion is letting him down and I know that he's being somewhat serious.

Nash leans over to Cam and whispers in his ear, but it's loud enough to where I can hear it.

"I can't blame her though, considering the terms she left on with me. She probably doesn't find it fair to show emotion to you and not me. Go easy on her."

I decide to bud in here. "Thank you, Nash, for understanding. Don't get me wrong... it is good to see you guys, but I just...it's awkward for me, ya know?"

Cam walks up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. After a year, it's nice to have human interaction with them. "I get it. But, Nash, he's-"

Nash interrupts. "It's not important. We can talk about it later. Let's just focus on Lily. It is her birthday." He gives Cam a look, and Cam nods.

Cam turns back to me and looks at my head. "Is that my beanie? You kept it? After all this time..."

Crap...

Nash walks over to me and takes my hand in his. "And is this the promise ring I gave you? You still wear it ?" Nash asks, his eyes full of hope piercing my mind.

I pull my hand away. I look at both of them as they wait for an answer. Since I can't think of any believable lie, I decide , although reluctantly, to tell the truth.

"Yes this is your beanie and yes this is the ring. Of course I still have them. I won't lie. Nash, I haven't taken it off. And Cam I keep the beanie on my bed side table.

"I did, at times forget about you guys because forgetting would make being in Orlando without you and not California with you... I thought it'd make it less painful. And it did; but although I wanted you both out of my head, at the same time I didn't want to completely forget. So I still have these."

Cam and Nash don't say anything , but I can imagine that they're happy that I admitted to missing them a little.

"I'm glad you kept them." Nash finally replies. "So... are you still mad at us? Do you forgive us?" He asks. I'm sure that's what they've been dying to know since the day I left.

I look deep into both of their eyes, thinking about how I really feel about it. I exhale deeply. "Yes. I'm still mad." I reply. "Less mad, but still upset."

Nash and Cam get a sad and disappointed expression on their faces, dropping their heads and looking at the ground.

"But I do forgive you both."

Their heads snap up and smiles appear on their faces. "Really!?" Nash exclaims.

I nod. "Yeah, really." I'm actually glad I told the truth. It relieves me from the pressure of the constant lie I've been telling. I genuinely smile for the first time in a while.

Nash takes me into his arms and I hug him tightly. I can't describe how great it makes me feel to be in his arms again. "I'm so glad you're my brother" I tell him." I've missed you so much."

Nash squeezes me tighter, which makes me feel loved, and makes me feel like I'm home. A feeling I've missed. "I've missed you too, Lily. I love you. So much." He kisses my head, and hugs me again. "I couldn't ask for a better sister."

"Even Skylynn?" I ask surprisedly.

"Yeah. Even Skylynn." Nash replies and pulls from the hug. "Don't tell her I said that, though." He asks of me, smiling.

" I won't." I laugh.

Then I turn to Cam. I rush into his open arms and bury my head in his neck as he spins me around. "I'm so happy to see you." Cam tells me. "I couldn't stop thinking about how much I missed you." He sets me down, but we remain hugging.

"I missed you too." I respond." I'm really happy you're here. I love you."

I am glad they came. I've wanted to see them for a long time, deep down, but I never had the strength to think about how much I missed them. Not long ago at all, I would've been angry if they came. I'd still be the mad person I was the day I left. But not anymore.

Cam and Nash make me feel so happy and loved. The past year, I haven't had much of that. And now, to be surrounded by the two people I love the most, who give me those feelings for once, it's amazing.

It feels good to be with them; and I couldn't be any happier that they're here.

//thanks for reading! More's coming soon!!