Part 23

LILYS POV

I look down at the ground, my jaw is hanging. I let out a sound that is like a sigh and a laugh in one but this is no laughing matter. "Cam... I-" I begin but he interrupts.

"Lily you're in love. I can see it in the way you act. I can feel it in your presence. When I look into your eyes I see it. You seem care free and so happy, like all's good in the world.

"When you're around him, your eyes light up. Then when you look at me it flickers. It's just barely there but it pretty much goes away. You can't deny it Lily. Can you?"

I grab Cam's hand and will myself not to let my emotions come over me. "Cam. I'm going to make this very clear. I love you. And yes, I love Nash. But I'm not in love with anybody." These words come out of my mouth, but even I'm not convinced.

Cam obviously doesn't buy it."At least I know you do actually care." He says with a hint of doubt.

"Cam-" the elevator door opens and and an old lady with a walker and floral clothes walks in. She moves and stands in between Cam and I and our conversation ends.

"This is the your floor." Cam says expressionlessly.

I look him in the eyes and see the love and care he always has for me: Gone.

But I know him well enough to know that it can't be gone...(I hope)He has poorly concealed his sadness from what he thinks is "losing me to Nash".

I walk out of the elevator with my head held high, even though I just want to crawl into a dark hole.

The doors squeak as the close behind me. My feet take my out of the lobby and though the glass doors, and outside. The sky is cloudy and gray, and The breeze blows my hair into my face. I proceed to walk to my "family's " house, the gears in my head turning.

I can't comprehend what just happened. My mind swirls to answer questions only I should know the answers to, but I can't think of anything.

Could Cam be right? Am I in love?

CAM'S POV

I limply open the hotel door and walk in. The light shining through the glass balcony doors blind me. My feet barely take me far enough to my bed, and I fall into it on my back.

"Nash? You awake?" I ask. I sit up and reposition myself so I'm lying on my right side (toward Nash's bed) ,my head is on the white pillow and my hand is both under my face and under the pillow.

"Yeah." Nash replies.

I sigh, "Have you ever cared about someone so much, but they're so far out of reach that you know there's nothing you can to get them?"

Nash exhales. "Can't say I have. It'd suck though."

I stare at the wall across the room. "Yeah..." I mutter. "It does."

Nash doesn't hear me so he says, "Why?"

I raise my eyebrows. "No reason." Though obviously that's not true at all.

"Can I ask you a question now?" Nash asks. I look over at him and see him laying on his back with his arms wrapped around a pillow that's on his stomach , looking at the ceiling and smiling.

"Shoot." I reply.

"Have you ever had someone that you can't get out of your mind? Someone who can make the worst days great just by being in the same room with them? Have you ever been in love?"

I am in love.

I want to say that so bad and have the conversation with Nash I've been replaying in my head to prepare for the time it will come, but decide to pick a better time then right after a near death experience.

"Yeah." I reply.

I'm not going to lie about it. But I won't go out of my way to share the truth either.

"Me too." Nash replies. "The world isn't a bad place to be, Cam. There's some pretty great things in it."

After that, Nash just closes his eyes and falls asleep right away.

I close my eyes too. I need to fall asleep and dream so I don't live my nightmare.

//lots of updates as you can see lol but hope you guys liked this chapter! Thanks for reading!