Part 38

Nash's POV

I sigh. "Good, I guess. Kait still only knows you as my sister, not my ex or anything."

Lily replies, "That's good. I think it should stay that way."

I nod my head. "I really like her, I like her a lot. But it's just... She's not you, Lily."

Lily sighs, rubbing her eyes. "Nash..." She says in a tired tone. "No one is ever going to be me. But I'm married now. And your my brother, too, Nash. I doubt it would legal for us to get married because of that."

I guess I didn't think of that.

"Lily, I'm still in love with you. Don't you still love me like that?"

Lily sighs. "Nash, of course I still love you-"

I don't let her finish. "Good. So, then we get married. We'd figure something out, and we don't know if it's illegal or not. We're not blood related, so our kids wouldn't be at a risk for health issues, and we'd be happy and have a life together, just like we always dreamed." I explain hopefully.

Lily looks at me in disbelief. "Nash, you've gotta be kidding me right now. You just planned out my entire life with you without consulting with me. Plus..." She holds up her hands and points to her wedding ring. "Ya see this? That means I'm married. You're basically flat out asking me to divorce Cam, and I'm sorry, but that's not gonna happen."

I look down at the floor. I feel like she just ripped my heart out, threw it in the ground, and stomped on it. Not to mention, the whole shattering my hopes and dreams thing.

"Lily, you have Cam so you would understand how you can want, even need someone to make you happy." I say to her. "You're that person for me.But I can't have you. I don't know how to be fully happy without you."

Lily walks over and crouches down in front of me, holding my hands in hers. "Nash..." She begins.

Shamefully, a tear falls down my cheek.

I stay looking at the ground.

"Nash don't cry...Hey, look at me."

I slowly being my eyes up to hers.

"I'm so sorry." Lily tells me kindly. "I really am. But you have Kait, who is amazing, and you're gonna be happy together. "

"But how do you know?" I ask.

Lily shrugs. "You're amazing, Nash. Someone as amazing as you is going to get someone just as amazing in return."

"Lily?" I ask, looking into her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Yeah?" She asks back.

"Even though you chose Cam, just promise me that I'll never lose you. That we'll always be there for each other. Because, I love you Lily. I need to know you won't ever leave me."

Lily smiles. "We may not be married, but I'm always going to be in your life, no matter what happens. I'll never leave you."

"Promise I'll never lose you?" I ask.

Lily smiles even bigger, holds up her hand, and points to her ring finger. Right beside her wedding rings, is a metal ring with an infinity sign on it.

"You'll never lose me. Promise."

<----->