Epilouge

Lily's POV

"Time to wake up, Mason, it's time for school!" I tell my son, opening the blinds in his room, and cradling my 6 month old baby girl Jenna in my arms.

Mason groans and pulls the covers over his head. "No..." He whines. "It's too bright..."

Honestly, the way this kid reacts to sunlight, you'd think he was a vampire or something.

"Mason, you're starting 8th grade today, now come on! Even if you got out the door right now you'd still be late." I scold.

"Don't make me..." Mason groans again.

I walk over to his bedside and pull the navy blue covers off of him with one hand. "When you grow up you want to have a good life, right?" I ask.

Mason squints and nods, running his fingers through his messy brown hair.

"That's what I thought. So get your bum outta bed if you want to be one step closer to getting a job, having a house and living a happy life."

"You don't have a job... And you're fine-well...okay." Mason says to me.

"I'm a mother." I defensively tell him. " It's a full time job taking care of 3 kids. Now get dressed, young man. I'll have breakfast set out for you."

And with that, I leave his room.

My feet take me to the kitchen and Cameron is front of the TV, standing behind a chair with Danielle sitting in it. Cam looks confusedly at her blonde hair that he holds in his hand along with a hairtie.

I giggle. "Having a little trouble there?"

Cam looks to me and laughs at himself having such a hard time. "More like a lot of trouble."

"He's hurting my hair, Mommy." Danielle whines.

"I know, sweetie." I say to her. "Daddy'll stop, I'll do your hair for you." I look at Cam, bouncing up and down with Jenna in my arms.

"Can you take her?" I ask Cam.

He nods and I hand Jenna off to him. He cradles her in his arms.

I quickly put Danielle's hair into pigtails and walk to the foyer and the front door, and grab her pink backpack with a golden retriever puppy on it.

"Danielle!" I shout. "First day of Kindergarten! Don't wanna be late!" My ears hear the sound of her small footsteps as she runs toward me.

Then I sigh. "Mason!! Time to go! First Day!"

I hear him groan from the hallway. "Relax, mom, I'm coming." He says annoyedly.

Mason turns the corner with his backpack on over his shoulder and I make him stop in front of him. "Just because you're a teenager doesn't mean you get to use that tone with me." I tell him. "Now go have a great first day...I know middle school is tough, but you'll do just fine."

Mason actually smiles at me. "Thanks, Mom."

I smile back, and hug my son. He's growing up so fast. "I love you."

"Love you too, Mom." Mason says, backing away from the hug and quickly walking out the door. "Bye!"

I watch him walk off the porch and make his way to the driveway, when I feel a tug on my shirt. I look down and see Danielle, smiling with all her baby teeth.

"Ready for your first day?" I hear. My head turns and Cam is walking toward us with Jenna in his arms.

Danielle replies in her squeaky voice, "Yep!"

I crouch down, holding Danielle's backpack out and she puts her arms through the straps.

"Have a good day, sweetie." I tell her.

Danielle wraps her arms around me ( as far as she can because she's so little), then quickly runs out the door.

Cam and I walk out onto the porch to watch the kids get on the bus.

"Bye, Riley!" I hear from next door as I see a blonde teenage girl running down the driveway next door.

"Bye Garrett!" Says the same voice from the same house. A black haired boy runs down the driveway behind Riley.

I smile. "Their kids are growing up fast, too." I say to Cam.

He nods. "Yep." Cam agrees. "It's hard to believe."

"Hey neighbors!" A familiar voice shouts from next door.

Cam's and my head turn to the voice. "Hey!" I shout back.

Cam and I walk down the stairs of the porch and across our yard to the neighbor's house.

"How's it goin, Nash?" Cam asks.

"Lily!!" I hear a girl shout. I eyes turn to their front door and I see Kait running out of their house to me, wrapping me in a hug.

"Hi!!" I reply happily.

Yeah, that's right. After knowing each other for almost 18 years, now in our late 30s, Cam and I  are neighbors with the one, the only, my brother and friend, Nash Grier. Along with his wife, Kait Grier.

"How's Jenna?" Kait asks, pulling away from the hug.

I look over at Cam, who is handing Jenna over to Nash.

"Why don't you go see for yourself?" I tell her.

Kait smiles and walks over to Nash, who hands Jenna off to her.

I smile at them all. My two best friends and I are still together after all these years. Plus, a new best friend, Kait.

Nash sees me looking at them and smiles. He tells Cam and Kait something, and then walks over to me.

"Lily." Nash says. "Jenna's absolutely beautiful."

I smile. "Thank you."

"I know where she got it from." Nash tells me and winks.

"Thanks for that too." I reply, giggling at the compliment.

A sigh comes out of me and I keep talking. "I can't believe that everything worked out the way it did. We both are married, we have kids, we're happy. Things are finally right in my world."

Nash grabs my hand. "Me too." He replies. "Thanks for never leaving me. I love you."

I wrap my arms around him. "I love you too, Nash." I reply with a smile. "So much."

In this moment, I've never felt more content. More happy.

I'm married to the love of my life, Cameron Dallas, and I have 3 amazing kids. Nash is also happily married, he has two great kids, and we're on good terms with each other.

I still love Nash, Nash still loves me. That will never change.

But for right now, with a family of my own, and the greatest friend I could imagine, I'm finally happy.

Everything is right in the world.

<---->

Thanks for reading guys! I love you all so much and I'm so happy you guys have enjoyed this book💖

(Ps read my other fan fic If I Can't Love You plz and thank you)