Part 32

Lily's POV

After several times of nagging the nurses about seeing Nash, they finally tell us it's alright.

"He's sleeping still." the nurse explains to us.
"And if he wakes up it will be perfectly fine." The nurse walks away and leaves us be.

Everyone looks at me. "It's alright. Mom, Dad you can go. I'll eventually get my chance." They nod at me and leave to visit their son.

As I wait patiently, all I can think about is the proposal.

What do I say if he lives?

Heck, forget about the proposal; What will I do if he dies?

I'm not sure how I'll manage without him.

Nash is my everything. I need him.

I think I've decided what to do if he lives.

Cam is next to go visit. Hayes holds Skylynn while he's gone with Nash. Cam doesn't take long, knowing I must be extremely anxious to see him.

My hands push me up and out of my seat and I hear a voice. "Can I come with you?" My head turns and Hayes is on his feet. His eyes plead with me. "We're both his siblings, and I can't wait to see my brother anymore." I look into his blue eyes that are like Nash's and feel sympathy.

I sigh and wave him over. He smiles lightly and walks beside me, taking my hand and squeezing it. His hands feel like Nash's in a way.

The few minutes, the few yards in the hospital to reach where Nash is feel like years, feel like miles.

Hayes directs me to Nash's room and we both stand out his door when we reach it.

I look over at him. "Do you mind if I have one second with Nash alone? Really quick?"

Hayes nods. "Yeah. I understand. Let me know when you're done." I nod in thanks.

My hand presses against the cold door and pushes it open.

What I see is even worse than the first time.

Why, Nash?

I walk up to the bed. Nash's face is tinted red in some places from blood. He's beaten and bruised and bloody and he looks dead already.

It's always Nash who ends up like this. And I'm the reason he's dying.

My hand searches the bed and I find and grasp his hand. "Hi Nash. It's me, Lily." I begin. I imagine that he can hear me, though I'm just talking to myself in this grey, depressing hospital room.

" But you keep resting, I'll just talk." I take a Deep breath.

Okay, you're fine, Lily. You're fine.

" You're... You're really scaring me Nash. I'm afraid for you. You can't die. I don't know what I'll do if you die. And what's worse is... It's-" I stop to breath before I start sobbing. "It's all my fault."

Pull yourself together, Lily.

I clear my throat."But,um... You'll be fine. I know you will, you've made it through tons of stuff, you'll be okay.

"So, when you wake up, I want you to know I love you. I'll love you forever. Nash, I do. I'll shout those words to the entire world when you wake up. And I know you will too."

I lean down and kiss Nash's forehead. A tear falls onto his face. "Just please...don't leave me."I whisper. "Don't leave me."

A knock at the door ends what might be my last time alone with Nash.