7

Lily's POV

I lay on my bed for 15 minutes before I hear my door creak open. "Go. Away." I say into my pillow crankily.

"It's just me,Cam." Cam says. "Are you okay?"

I sit up and sigh. "Honestly, no. It's just hard."
Cam sits down next to me."Yeah..." cam replies. " I'm sorry you have to be in the middle of all of it. I tried to lay low but if Nash comes to me..."

I interrupt. My hand goes to his knee."I know Cam. I don't blame you for anything at all. I know you can't control Nash's actions. He just has a bit of a temper, that's all. I did what I did because I didn't want him to keep acting the way he did."

"So what I'm hearing is... you would've chosen me?" Cam teases, raising one eyebrow and smirking.

I roll my eyes and smile . "I didn't say that."
"You implied it." Cam says. "You said you don't blame me."

I reply, " because you didn't do anything wrong. Not because I like you better."

"Do you like me better than Nash? His temper is pretty off putting..." Cam points out.

" I like you both just the way you are with all your quirks and imperfections." I reply, then I sigh, suddenly becoming more serious. "But it's different. Nash is practically my brother- well foster brother, but still. And you're like my best friend. But I know who I'd choose, if I'm honest, and it'd probably be..." my door opens and it's Nash.

"Whatcha talking about?" Nash asks, then takes a big bite of an apple he has in his hand.

"Nash, please leave. I'm trying to talk to Cam." I request, though I have a feeling it won't do anything.

He swallows, creating a pause in the conversation."Sorry," Nash says. "That was my way of saying that I heard what you were saying and would like to be apart if this conversation."

Does he really expect me to let him into this?!

"Nash," I say, more firm and stern. "This is a private conversation between Can and I and you need to leave. Now."

Nash walks into the room. "You were about to say who you'd choose... I'd like to know."

I stand up and walk to him. I'm almost mad now. I've tried nicely but now I'm taking a different route. "Nash. There is a reason the door was closed, there is a reason I'm talking to Cam, and there is a reason why this isn't a conversation for you!Leave my room! Like, NOW!"

Nash looks me in the eye. His stone hard expression softens up a bit. I see the realization in his eyes, his big, blue, apologetic eyes. They're almost hypnotic . Nash sighs. " I need to talk to you later though, okay?" He asks.
"Okay." I reply with a frustration in my voice. "Later."

Nash nods and walks out, shutting the door behind him. I look at Cam, who is sitting silently on the bed. My hand runs through my hair. "You should probably go." I say to him.

Cam stands. "Yeah," he says, standing up and putting his hands in his pocket. "Probably."

I walk up close to him and pull his red beanie over his head. "I CAN'T SEE!" He shouts. I laugh and pull his beanie off from his head, his brown hair messy and all over the place.. He smiles for a second, and it fades quickly.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. He's seemed less energetic and happy than normal, and I don't like it.

Cam shrugs his shoulder. "I just wish everything was back to normal with me and Nash. He was my best friend, and I miss it a lot... it's hard to handle."

I put my hand on his shoulder. "You're still best friends... your just in a fight; which is totally normal for friends. It's gonna get better. I promise. But, whenever you need anything, I'll be here for you." I tell him reassuringly. Cam looks down from my eyes. I can't help but do the same.. Then I feel him getting closer and closer.

Is this really going to happen? Is this the right thing to do? What with Nash having just yell at me and all the commotion of the fight earlier, is this a good time? Although these rush through my mind, nothing is changing.

Our lips are an inch apart- when the door opens. I move my head slightly and look at the door.

Skylynn is standing there with a smile and a cringe on her face. "EWW!!" Skylynn yells, then she runs away.

I step away, and clear my throat. "You should, um, you should probably go now." I tell Cam. "Here's you're beanie back, by the way." I extend my arm to give it to him.

Cam pushes it away. "You keep it. " He starts to leave, and is right at the doorway when he turns around and says. "I... umm... I love you... Lily."

My heart melts."I love you too Cam." I reply and smile. I mean it. He's the best friend I've ever had , I'd like to think an even better one than Grace, and I love him to death.

Cam smiles, looks down, then back into my eyes, and leaves. I fall down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. What a life I have...

// The end of that chap, a little bit shorter than my other ones but that's okay.
Thanks for reading!!
If you like this book, then If I Can't Love You (my other fanfic which is O2L instead of MAGCON) is definitely something you're gonna wanna check out.
OKAY I LOVE YOU GUYS BYEEE💛😆💙