* Chapter Five *

[Sams POV]

As Tommy's foot slipped causing him to fall back I hurled the top half of my body over the edge to catch him... I felt my blood go cold when I barley caught his hand

"TOMMY!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, I felt his arm slowly falling from my grip so I brought down my other hand while Quackity held me so I didn't fall.

"Sam..." Tommy said in a calm but worried voice

"Its okay Tommy! Your going to be fine! we just need to-" I fell down a little bit loosening the grip on Tommy slightly

Tommy's racoon ears dropped as he looked down under him... he looked back at me in the eyes
"Sam let go your going to fall..." 

"No I'm not! Your not dying Tommy! I'm not letting you die!" I said while trying to swing us up 

"Sam hurry up!" Quackity shouted trying to hold both me and Tommy

I slipped down again and some rocks fell from the ledge that was keeping us alive... I felt Tommy hit the side of the rocky wall "Tommy Its going to be-" All of a sudden i felt a sharp pain hit my back... My hands let go...

"Thank you Sam" I heard Tommy's voice go further and further away from me 

"TOMMY!!" Quackity and I screamed in sync

I felt the tears forming in my eyes as Tommy's head hit a rock below us... 
Quackity lifted me up to the ledge with him as tears fell down his face... "Tommy..."

I turned around to look for an easy way down when I saw an arrow lodged in my back... I looked up and saw a navy blue cape turn and run, I didn't have time for that... I need to get Tommy... I slid down another slope near us and fell onto a platform near him while Quackity followed close behind. I jumped over rocks scattered on the floor and kneeled down next to Tommy's cold lifeless body... 

"I'm so sorry Tommy..." I picked him up and held him close to my chest, I felt the tears escape my eyes and fall onto him...
After a minute or so I heard faint music behind me... It was Mellohi?!

"Wow!... Isn't that tragic!" I heard a voice behind me

"TOMMY?!" I turned my head around in the direction of the voice and I felt my eyes widen 

There he was... Tommy... A pale grey boy with messy blonde hair and a ripped up red and white t-shirt. One eye was normal but his pupil was the Mellohi disc and the other eye was pitch black with multiple discs scattered inside of it, the black liquid in his eye was falling down his face. 

He lifted up a cigar to his mouth and blew the smoke out...
"Tommy get that out of your mouth", I stood up to look him in the eyes while still holding his lifeless corpse

"WAIT TOMMY!?" Quackity shouted walking over to him

"mhm?" He replied raising one eyebrow and sat down while floating. Quackity couldn't get any words out. He just looked at Tommy shocked and mesmerized... 

"We need to get you back home", I said walking past with the body trying to find a way up.
After a while we finally got to the top of the crater, I was still holding Tommy's body and fighting back the tears... even though he was stood right behind me,
I wanted him back... 
I needed him back... 
Alive

We made our way back home, Quackity was talking to Tommy all the way there but I didn't say a word... I was just replaying the same moments of Tommy falling onto the rocks below us. I couldn't save him, why did I let him go!? 
Once we got in our home we all went upstairs I placed his body onto his bed...

"Well that was boring", The ghost said rolling his eyes. "Can we do something fun now?" 

"W-well I'm going to go home... Tommy... but maybe tomorrow?" Quackity replied while he walked out the door and went home.

I stood up and looked at Tommy's ghost... He might be dead but I still need to look after him... 
"Well what do you want to do?" I asked while leading him out of the room 

"Why don't we...", He looked around and opened the door, "I KNOW!"
The transparent grey boy lifted up his arm and looked at his hand revealing a compass that was implanted in his palm... It pointed to Tubbo. "He's close by" He said walking in the direction of the arrow

Soon enough we had made it into the forest near the BadLands and saw a small brown haired boy surrounded by bees leaning up against a tree with his eyes closed.

"Hey Tubbo!" Tommy said floating over to him

"Oh hey Tom-", Tubbo looked in our direction and his face went white "T-TOMMY WHAT HAPPENED!? HOW DID YOU-" 

"I died Tubbo, I fell over", He picked up his cigar again and started to smoke

I took it out of his hands and stood on it "Tommy I already told you to stop...", Tommy sighed and sat up against the tree next to Tubbo. "He didn't just fall over... He fell into the crater of L'manberg and hit his head on a rock" 

"Well is there a way to bring him back!?" Tubbo said while standing up, "There has to be a way to get him back!" The small, brown haired boys eyes were glazed with water 

"Well..." Tommy said floating elegantly upwards and landing on his feet, "I can think of a few ways, but I don't think you'll like it" 

"What ways?" I said looking him in the eyes

"Well..."