zone 24: hyunho

a/n

sorry for the long wait my loves but today—actually this whole week was stressful

so like i just took the SATs today and if you guys dont know what that is if ur an international reader, it is the typical standardized testing for high school students usually that determines what colleges would accept you :(

so yeah... adulting sucks but im here to feed you guys this chapter so enjoy!

[fit like

puzzle pieces]

Hyunho wakes up the next morning and sees me packing our things into our duffel bag.

"Mommy!" Hyunho exclaims, making me smile when I hear his cute voice. I make sure he doesn't hurt himself as he gets out of his bed and hold him in my arms.

Hyunjin's POV

I pace back and forth in front of Hana's cabin as I try to form the words I wang to say to her. The sun is just beginning to rise. I hesitate to knock on her door and greet her good morning but I can't push myself to. I'm so nervous around her now, it's like we're strangers again. Changbin was angry at me when he found out I am with Wonyoung now.

I thought she was dead. I really did and I didn't want to repeat what I did the first time she was gone. My habit of smoking, staying away from people, turned me into the worst person possible. When I met Wonyoung, she turned me back around. She made me into a new person and I am happy with her.

It's just yesterday when I saw Hana, I thought I was dreaming again. I thought I was hallucinating. And then when Sana actually touched her, I felt my heart sink as I realized that things are so different now. It's not simple for us to just go back to how things were like last time.

The last time we did that, it ruined our relationship because of how much we changed. Now, I am with Wonyoung and a son? I have a son. I smile to myself and as if coincidentally, I hear his voice from inside the cabin.

"Mommy!" I hear him exclaim and could imagine the bright smile on his face once he sees Hana. I can't believe she was pregnant when we were separated. She didn't even try to guilt me about how she was probably having a hard time. It's her usual selfless personality. I feel my heart flutter as I think about her.

"Hi, Hyunnie," Hana kisses his face. Hyunnie, that's adorable. I smile, standing outside her cabin door.

"Did you do it?" Hyunho asks.

"Do what?" Hana says.

"Where's superhero Hyunjin?" Hyunho asks in the cutest tone. I gasp at his words and widen my eyes. Superhero? My eyes slowly water. She has been telling Hyunho about me since he was born. She really did miss me. I never did those things with Lucy which makes me somewhat ashamed now.

"He's here," I hear the pain in Hana's voice.

"Let's see him! Let's see him!" Hyunho jumps up and down. I smile but then begin to feel nervous. What if he doesn't like me? What if I won't give off a good impression? I think about Lucy and how scared I used to be when she was around me. Now we have grown a strong relationship with one another.

"He might be sleeping," Hana lies, knowing that I can't sleep anymore. The last time I slept was when I was with her back at District 9 three years ago. I remember every little detail about it. I wonder if she's has been sleeping well.

"Awww," Hyunho says in a sad tone. I take this as my cue.

I finally knock on the door.

Hana's POV