zone 31: realization

a/n:

bulletproof is out now!
go read it after if you're interested :)

Hana's POV

One of the men whistle as I hear the store door open. The others follow behind him, dispersing into different directions, making it hard for me to track one sound. I glance at Wonpil who is trying to find a way out of the pharmacy area. I look up and see a latch and point to it. Wonpil notices and nods, waving for me to come over there. I crawl over and notice a ladder that needs to be unlocked to be extended down.

If we break it, it will make a lot of noise. I look at the lock and remember Felix teaching me how to pick locks. I take one of the bobby pins out of my hair and twist it in my mouth to shape it how I need it to be. I pick the lock with it and it unlocks, making me excited.

Suddenly, we hear banging at the pharmacy door and we both jump.

"Open up!" We hear.

"Maybe someone is inside here," one of them says.

The ladder begins to descend and Wonpil gestures for me to climb first. I start climbing and Wonpil follows. We hear the pharmacy doorknob get blown off by a shotgun. I make it to the top and reach out my hand for Wonpil to grab.

Another gun shot is fired and Wonpil winces. My eyes widen and I immediately help him up and cover the latch,  locking it tight. I hurry over to Wonpil who is in pain. He holds his leg and I look down to see his foot has been shot.

"Can you walk?" I ask, urgently. Wonpil shakes his head as he tries to endure the pain.

As immunes, when we're shot, it is hard for us to quick-heal because the bullet is stopping the process to. It hurts even more since our body tries to heal fast while the bullet is still inside us. I glance down at the ground and notice that two men are outside by our car. Shit, how are we going to get home? We're outnumbered. The men have a similar tattoo that reads, "YG". Are they a mafia?

Wonpil rips his shirt and wraps his foot with the torn fabric to apply pressure to it. I notice how badly hurt he is and feel like he can't jump off the rooftop without feeling even more pain.

"Hana," Wonpil breathes out, he is sweating profusely. "You have to leave me." I shake my head continuously. The latch of the rooftop starts to jump up as the men try to enter the roof.

"I'm not leaving you, Wonpil," I tell him stubbornly. "Look, I'll jump down first and take out the two men near the car and then I'll catch you. We will get in the car and drive," I state my plan but Wonpil shakes his head.

"It won't work," Wonpil says. I clench my fists in frustration as Wonpil continues to wince in pain as he tries to get up. I pick up Wonpil and place him far away from the latch and near the front entrance where we entered.

"I don't care. I'm not leaving you," I say with determination. I jump down with no regrets and tackle the first man. I stab his back, making him fall to the ground and then I neck hold the other to silently kill them. Wonpil's eyes grow wide by my savagery. I gesture for him to jump down once I hear the latch finall bust open.

"Wonpil, NOW!" I yell snd Wonpil looks behind him and then back at me with doubt.

I grow impatient and anxious as I hear the men yelling for him to stay put. Wonpil struggling to stand a little but still manages to jump off. I successfully catch him and immediately place him in the backseat. I get into the drivers seat and speed off, hearing gunshots firing our way as I do so.

I look in the rearview mirror to see Wonpil still in pain and rummage through my backpack and hand him the painkillers we scavenged. Wonpil takes it from me, taking a deep breath while doing so.