zone 15: bombs

[what's the matter?

have i really used up all the luck i had?]

Hana's POV

My eyelids slowly open to see a face that I would love to wake up to every day. I smile at his pretty eyelashes and handsome face as I gaze. He has his arms wrapped around me and is centimeters away from my face. I kiss his nose and sigh, wishing that I didn't have to leave. I notice the sun slowly rising, signaling it is time for me to go. I stare at Hyunjin's face one last time before squirming out of his arms, slowly waking him up. He groans, stretching his long body and yawning. I slowly stand and grab my clothes. Hyunjin watches me and frowns.

"You're leaving now," He says in a croaky voice. I sigh and nod as I button up my shirt and put on my pants. Hyunjin sits up and pulls me back onto his lap. I close my eyes and hold his hands around my waist. Hyunjin puts his head over my shoulder and kisses my neck gently. "Don't go."

He begs and squeezes me tighter. I stay silent and then stand from his lap to turn and face him. I caress his face as he looks up at me. His sweet eyes stare into my soul, making me want to burst into tears. I kiss his lips and make it last long. Hyunjin tries to kiss me again but I let go. He growls at me, making me giggle.

"You have to let me go," I whisper, looking down at Hyunjin's arms around my body. Hyunjin shakes his head childishly.

Suddenly, the door swings open and Hyunjin immediately lets go of me and I turn to face the door, covering Hyunjin's bare body.

"Yoh," Changbin enters and then notices me and Hyunjin, frantically shutting his eyes and covering his face. "Oh shit, I forgot you're still here," He exclaims. I laugh as Hyunjin puts on his clothes. "I would've knocked if I remembered you're here,"

"It's okay, Changbin. We weren't doing anything," I say and then catch Hyunjin's glare at me. "I was just about to leave too," I say and grab my stuff.

"Oh, right, you have to head back before they notice," Changbin remembers.

"Yeah, Felix is going to take me back," I say.

Out of nowhere, an explosion is heard in the distance. We all shudder by the loud noise and look at each other with wide eyes. I use my sense of hearing to find out what is happening. I hear a group of people marching and more bombs being fused. It's an attack.

"We have to go!" I say and we all run out of Hyunjin's apartment. We run out of the building and meet up with Jisung, Felix, and Jeongin.

"What's happening?" Hyunjin questions.

"It looks like we are in trouble," Felix says.

"No kidding," Changbin snickers.

"Are you still mad at me?" Felix questions.

"Felix!" I interrupt. "What do you hear?" Felix pauses and listens again. Another bomb goes off and smoke appears nearby. "It's SM. He knows you escaped," My eyes widen in fear and Hyunjin grabs my hand, holding it to comfort me. I shake my head.

"This is all my fault. District 9 is going to be obliterated to pieces. I have to surrender myself," I say and then Hyunjin holds me back.

"Surrender? And then what? We never see each other again? You go back to being abused in that place?" Hyunjin asks me. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

"Hyunjin, there's no other way," I say, holding back my tears. Another bomb is sent off and I hear coughing. I use my super speed and am followed by Felix and Hyunjin.

"I hate it when they do that," Jisung says.

"Me too," Jeongin says.

I grab an old woman who was nearby one of the explosions outside the walls.

"Get to the shelter!" Felix says.

"Shelter?" I question.

"We made one just in case something like this happens," Hyunjin says. I nod, impressed by their organization.

I see Jihyo and run over to her as she tries to direct the militia.

"What can we do?" I ask.

"Just get to the shelter. It's better if he believes you're not here," Jihyo says.

"But then he will tear this place apart if he doesn't believe you," I say stubbornly.

"Hana, as much as you love to protect us, it's our time to protect you. We can handle them," Jihyo tells me. I sigh, doubting if they can fight off SM's power. I hear groaning from the other side of the wall and then familiar voices. It's my friends!

"What are we going to do?" I hear Johnny whisper.

"He's going to kill us, Taeyong," Haechan whispers. I can't let SM kill them because of me.

"Hana, we have to get to the shelter," Felix tells me but I shake my head.

"He's going to lure me out by threatening to kill one of his own. One of my friends," I say. I look at Hyunjin who stares at me with saddened eyes. "I have to help them," I look at Jihyo who is debating on what to do.

"What if we say we will kill you?" I hear a tiny voice and look down to see Lucy. My jaw drops in shock.

"Lucy! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the shelter with everyone else," Hyunjin says worriedly.

"My ears keep ringing. I want to see what the noise was," Lucy says. I sigh and then purse my lips, thinking back to what she just said.

"Mom, doesn't want you to be out here," Jihyo kneels down. "Felix, can you go take her back?" Felix nods and carries Lucy. He speeds away and then I turn to face Jihyo.

"What if we do say you're going to kill me?" I smirk.

"Are you crazy?" Hyunjin looks at me.

"Not actually kill me but, make it really believable," I say.

"He will never buy it. He knows we are loyal to you. It wouldn't make much sense," Jihyo says.

"Not unless I threaten to kill myself then," I say. Hyunjin looks at me with anxiety. "I need a gun," I say and look at Jihyo.

"Hana, you're crazy," Jihyo shakes her head, refusing to allow me to do this.

"You're right, I am," I say and grab a pistol from one of the members of the militia. Hyunjin rushes over to me and holds my arm to stop me.

"What are you doing?" Hyunjin asks me, out of breath and confused. I sigh and bite my lip.

"You have to trust me," I say. Hyunjin gulps and closes his eyes. For some reason, I feel this pit in my chest when I remember something. He doesn't know I kissed Jaehyun yet. I sigh and close my eyes, holding onto Hyunjin's hand. "Look, I have to tell you this cause I can't go on loving you without you knowing what happened."

"What do you mean?" Hyunjin opens his eyes again and looks at me. I feel my throat get dry and I look down at the ground.

"Jaehyun and I... kissed," I reveal. Another bomb explodes nearby, setting a tree on fire. More screaming surrounds us as they run towards the bomb shelter underground. I stay focused on Hyunjin who looks heartbroken.

"Hana!" I hear Jihyo's voice but the muffled screams and the ringing in my ear makes it hard for me to concentrate.

"They're coming in!" I hear another voice yell.

"The barricade is down!" Another person exclaims.