zone 33: fireflies

a/n: hey seggsies its my birthday so i decided to grant yall with another chapter because i love you guys and appreciate u guys so much! thank you and enjoy! stay safe!

Hana's POV

"What are you doing here? Curfew is soon," I remind him and Jaehyun smiles with the red tulip in his hand.

"I wasn't about to leave you all alone after seeing you cry like that," Jaehyun says and hands me the red tulip. I smile and shake my head at him, wondering how he always knows when to show up. "So what do you have planned?" I question and Jaehyun takes my hand, catching me off guard.

"Remember back at SM when we used to catch fireflies?" Jaehyun eyes me.

My eyes grow wide as he pulls me outside and into the field.  Jaehyun pulls out a tiny mason jar from his sweatshirt pocket, making me laugh.

"How cute," I tease his tiny mason jar, making him frown.

"I didn't bring one for you," Jaehyun remarks, and my jaw drops. "Go catch your own if you're going to make fun of my mason jar."

"Fine! I won't make fun of your mason jar," I smile, and Jaehyun nods. He takes my hands and places the mason jar in them gently.

Glowing fireflies begin flying from the ground and into the air, illuminating the darkness around us. I smile in awe as Jaehyun guides me, trying to help me catch them. He holds my arms and presses his body against mine, helping me catch little fireflies into the mason jar. I laugh every time we miss one or almost trip trying to catch one. I feel so safe with him. If I wasn't here with him, I would probably be in my room crying softly in my sleep. I look at Jaehyun whose head is resting on my shoulders as we try to catch fireflies together. I smile at him, making him blush a little.

"Cute," Jaehyun whispers, and my eyebrows raise.

"Cute?" I question and Jaehyun smiles.

"Yeah, you're cute," Jaehyun says softly. I feel my cheeks become hot and look away from his eyes.

[you took my hand,

so i thank you]

Hyunjin's POV

I glance out my window to see two bodies outside that look awfully close to each other. I grow curious and squint to see better.

"What are you looking at?" Jisung knocks on my door as he walks in. I look away from him and shrug, finding it hard to make out who they are. Jisung stands beside me and looks outside too.

"Is that Hana?" Jisung asks and I look again to see and notice that adorable smile. "And Jaehyun...." Jisung's voice lowers when he says Jaehyun and he eyes me to see if I would react. I know I shouldn't but I feel a burning fire in my chest. "Are you okay?" Jisung asks me and I nod, hiding my pain with a blank face.

"I'm with Wonyoung..." I say, but feel like that meant nothing to me.

"You're with her but you love Hana," Jisung points out the obvious and I sigh. "It looks like they're getting along too well," Jisung eyes them outside again. I groan in frustration and throw my pillow against the wall. 'Yo! I thought you said you're fine," Jisung reminds me but I can't even lie anymore.

"I'm not," I finally admit.

"I know," Jisung says. I look outside again and watch Jaehyun and Hana catch fireflies together. "If you still love her, go after her before you lose her." I sigh, feeling like I'm going through deja vu.

"Felix told me the same thing," I reveal.

"Well good cause he is right," Jisung agrees. "Stop fighting your feelings for her and break up with Wonyoung," Jisung says straightforwardly. "I see how much you two fight... especially when it is about Hana. You're not happy with her." I look back at Hana outside smiling while catching fireflies and feel my heart beat again. I look away from the window and at my door.