zone 26: marshmallows

Hana's POV

I sit in the truck with Hyunho on my lap and smile to myself as I think back to the moment Hyunjin and I shared. Even though it was just a hug, it meant everything to me. The feeling of being in his arms made my chest squeeze. I smile wider and don't notice my cheeks turn red just thinking about it until Hyunho says something.

"Mommy, is it hot?" Hyunho feels my cheeks and I stop smiling once I realize how hard I was daydreaming.

"No, I'm just happy," I smile softly and Sana who is beside me smirks.

We arrive back at The Sanctuary and Jinyoung shows us our rooms. Since I have Hyunho, I had my own room with him. Sana's room was a little far down from mine which made me sad. Once we entered the main lobby, Wonyoung was the first to greet Hyunjin and gave him a kiss on the lips. I look away and try not to react but it is clear to Sana and most of my friend group that I'm uncomfortable. I fake a smile and walk to my room with Sana and Hyunho.

"Hey, if you're uncomfortable just let me know," Sana says as I enter the room with Hyunho.

"It's pretty cozy in here," I blatantly say and Sana sighs.

"You know I'm not talking about the room," Sana folds her arms. I frown, knowing that she is referring to Wonyoung and Hyunjin. I look down at Hyunho who is observing the room. He is jumping on one of the mattresses, making me smile and forget about Hyunjin.

"Hey, baby, you want to go hang out with Mark and Haechan while I unpack?" I ask.

"Uncle Full Sun and Mork," Hyunho says in a funny voice. I giggle. Hyunho claps his hands and I pick him up. I walk past the lobby and meet eyes with Wonyoung who is talking with her friends. She gives me a little glare, making me defensive but I try to ignore it. I walk over to Mark and Haechan's room to see them unpacking.

"Chris is here!" Mark announces, seeing me with Hyunho. I smile and place him down on the ground.

"Can he hang with you guys for a bit? I just don't want him to get bored while I unpack," I ask and they nod. I smile a little and head back into the hallway but Mark stops me before I leave. Hyunho was too distracted as starts playing with Donghyuck.

"Are you okay?" Mark asks in a low voice and I shrug. "I know how much you love Hyunjin but..." Mark sighs. "Don't let this break you. You're strong." I hold up a fist to thank him and Mark fist bumps me.

"I should get you a girlfriend," I tease. "There are some pretty girls here actually."

"Hey!" Mark says and hits my shoulder. I chuckle and look back at Hyunho playing tag with Donghyuck.

I return to my room to see Sana and Yeji inside already unpacking for me and smile. Sana immediately snaps a picture of me right when I walk in and I cover my face.

"Hey!" I exclaim. Sana giggles and hands me the polaroid she just took of me. "To celebrate your return!" I take it from her and see my hands covering my face. I shake my head with a smile and put it in the pocket of my jacket.

"Hyunjin told me about Hyunho," Yeji mentions. My eyes grow wide. Already?

"Did you tell Luc-" I stutter but Yeji interrupts.

"Do you think it's a good time to tell her? Since she's older and you're back?" Yeji asks, genuinely wanting to know my opinion. I shrug and begin opening one of my duffels.

"Do you think she is ready? You've been taking care of her all her life. You're more of a mom to her than me," I honestly say. Yeji purses her lips in thought as Sana watches us converse.