zone 5: reckless

Hana's POV

"There you are," I hear a voice and look down at the ground to see Jaehyun. I climbed up a tall tree to try to calm myself down. I wipe my tears and try to fake a smile. Jaehyun starts climbing up the tree which surprises me.

"Jaehyun, be careful!" I say and he scoffs.

"I should be telling you that. You're all the way up there," Jaehyun says.

"I'm a halfie. I'm not going to fall," I tell him.

"Just because you're a halfie doesn't mean you are not human," Jaehyun says and I watch him continue climbing up. I pity him for trying to meet me up here and sigh.

"This tree is pretty tall, I'll just come down," I say.

"No, I'm halfway there," Jaehyun says. I know he is a pretty strong guy but don't want him to suffer the climb for me.

"Well, I'm already down here," I say and zip back to the ground. Jaehyun looks down at me as he is climbing and groans.

"Hana, why do I li-" Jaehyun pauses and then clears his throat. "Why do I care so much?" I shrug and watch him climb back down to the ground. He breathes heavily which makes me smile.

"Sorry, I'm such a hassle," I say.

"No, you're not," Jaehyun says, trying to make me feel better. "Joy told me everything."

"Yeah... I'm crazy right?" I sigh and sit down on the sidewalk, feeling very desperate and helpless. Jaehyun sighs and sits next to me.

"You're not crazy," Jaehyun says.

"Yes I am. I'm chasing after people who might not even be alive and even if they are alive, they've probably given up on finding me," I babble and then rest my head on my knees.

"Hey..," Jaehyun says softly and then puts his hand on my arm. "You're not crazy for believing that your friends are alive but you are crazy for thinking that they gave up on you. Who could ever give up on you?"

I lift my head and a tear rolls down my cheek. Jaehyun gently wipes the tear from my face and stares at me. I feel my heart beating faster as I gaze into his eyes. He leans in to kiss me and touches my lips with his. As if all my stress and problems went away,

I close my eyes as I kiss Jaehyun. Once I do, I start imagining Hyunjin. His sweet face flashes into my brain and I immediately pull away from Jaehyun which confuses him. I cover my mouth and look at Jaehyun. Jaehyun stands to move away from me as the awkwardness intensifies.

"I'm sorry..," I say and then curse under my breath because of my stupid actions.

"No, it's my fault," Jaehyun apologizes. I sigh and stand up. Jaehyun begins to distance himself from me. "Are you going to be okay, alone?" He asks me, still showing his concern for me.

"Yeah," I say and bite my lip, wishing to say more to end the tension. "Jaehyun..," Jaehyun looks away from the ground to meet eyes with mine. "It's not because I don't..."

"You don't have to explain," Jaehyun stops me. "It's fine. I shouldn't have done it when you were most vulnerable. Uh, I'll see you around, okay?" I nod and try not to say anything else. I watch him walk away, feeling my heart ache a little.

Felix's POV

"Is Hyunjin still out? It's been an hour since curfew has passed," Changbin says and looks out the window of our apartment. I sigh, beginning to worry about all of the bad things that might've happened to Hyunjin.

"I should've followed him," I say, blaming myself.

"Don't do that to yourself. He needed the space. He would've taken out all of his anger on you," Changbin comforts me.

"Do you think Jihyo noticed that he is still out there?" Jisung asks.

"She's too busy worrying about ways to get Hana now that the rescue mission is back up again," Changbin says.

"Do you think we should go to war?" Jeongin asks nervously. We all shrug, not having an opinion on it.

"Hyunjin really wanted to go to war, that's for sure," Jisung comments, sparking an idea in my head.

"Oh no," I say and frantically start grabbing weapons from our drawers.

"What do you mean, oh no?" Jeongin asks.

"I think Hyunjin is putting matters into his own hands," I say.

"You think he is going to SM Town right now and..," Changbin says.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. He's going to get himself killed," I exclaim.

Hana's POV

I return back to my apartment in the main headquarters of the base. I watch as the security guards buzz me into the hallway where my room is. I sigh in hopelessness as I think about what happened with Jaehyun and what happened this whole day.

"I need a journal right now," I take to myself and sigh as I lay on my bed.

I lost my journal while scavenging three years ago before I was taken here. Since then, I haven't been able to think clearly or let out my emotions in a healthy way. I feel so disorganized and depressed without my journal. I can't keep any weapons or things that look suspicious here because SM has guards who sweep my room every 24 hours. They make sure that I am not planning any escape. I look out my window and stare at the stars in the sky.

I flinch when I hear gunshots and yelling from outside. My eyes grow wide in confusion and I hear the door of my apartment lock. I run over to it and jiggle the knoc but realize that the guards locked me inside. I bang on the door to get help.

"Hey! Let me out! What's going on?" I yell, hopelessly.

I know that there is a slim chance of them letting me go. I groan in frustration but jump when I hear more shots fire from outside. I run over to the window but don't see anyone fighting near the building. Maybe someone is in trouble outside of these walls. Maybe someone is fighting off zombies. I try to think of scenarios that could be happening right now but then see a speeding object zip past my eyes. My eyes grow wide in shock.

"A halfie?" I mutter. The windows are bolted shut.

I can't get out of here. I need to help them. What if the guards are after them because they're a halfie? I try to think of something quickly. I hear shouts and commotion from outside my window. SM is probably with his henchmen right now, trying to catch this person.

There are probably still guards by my door though. They are not allowed to leave their post in case I try to escape. There is no way they left to try and capture this guy zooming through the streets of SM Town. An idea pops into my brain, leading me to my bathroom and breaking the mirror by punching it. I take one of the shards and cut my arm. It starts bleeding and I run over to the front door and start banging on the door again.

"Ow! Please help me! I injured myself!" I plead with a small cry. "I'm bleeding!"

"Where are you bleeding? Is it an emergency?" I hear a deep voice from one of the guards.

"Yes! Please take me to Taeyeon," I ask.

"How did you injure yourself?" One of the guards questions. I try to think of something quickly.

"I fell in the bathtub and cut my arm!" I lie. There is silence but then the door opens to reveal the two guards. I hesitate on whether I should continue on with my lie or beat them up right there. I'm going to get into big trouble either way.

I smirk and tackle both of the guards and knock them unconscious. They both fall to the ground after I snap their necks. I look to both of my sides to check if the coast is clear. That felt good. I take the keycard from one of the guards' suits and escape the locked hallway.

[wherever you go,

just do it]