Enter the Hero

The elevator played music that didn't exactly fit the situation I was in. While my face didn't show it, I was honestly flabbergasted. I mean kids armed to the teeth in old armor? Sure I can handle that, but this talk of gods and a talking statue? That's where I draw the line.

Though even being as panicked as I was, I constantly continued to think ahead. It was what I was taught after all, something engrained into me by force.

The opening of the elevator door ended whatever thought I had, it just left it.... blank. About a hundred kids were lounging around in expensive looking rooms.

But... these were of course not normal kids. They were all dressed in war gear, ancient war gear to be specific; swords, bows, and spears adorning their sides. However that wasn't what caught my my eyes.

Giant wolves the size of cars were seemingly co-existing with these children, ceaselessly drinking out of toilets. And most confusing of all was the boy eating the stuffing out of some chair. The boy had curly brown hair, and small horns coming out of his head, though that was the least strange part as his goat-like legs took the award for that.

I wouldn't say he was a centaur as are they usually half horse, not to mention this kid only had 2 legs. I believe they were called Silenos.

On another note, wouldn't that chair be pretty expensive? Were these kids rich or something?

"Damnit, whatever news Grover brought must be terrible. Hey Mike can you go talk to him? I'll bring Percy over to you in a bit" Saying so Connor pointed at the goat boy and proceeded to walk back into the elevator.

No. Wait. You can't just leave me here. Right?

I was wrong, he abandoned me here to accept my fate, would I be stabbed first? Or maybe be eaten by one of the wolves? I decided that following Connors order would probably maximize my chances of living.

Walking towards the goat boy, or Grover as Connor called him, I realized I needed a conversation starter. I was never good at being the first to talk, usually waiting for someone else to take the lead, but now I needed to talk first. I wonder how I shou-

"You... I've never seen you before, who are you?" Looking up I saw Grover was looking at me, more nervous than he appeared before.

Well, at least I don't have to start the conversation anymore.

"My names Michael, though I guess you can call me Mike" I answered. I decided to let him call me Mike, since he flinched when I said Michael. He must've also been friends with that boy.

"I was brought here by Connor, he said something about me being an Unclaimed"

"I see, if that's the case then you must be pretty shocked to see all of this" Grover said as he eased up, taking the European Monarchy era furniture out of his mouth.

"Yeah, I mean I'm not sure who wouldn't. I was living a normal life a few hours ago, and now I have statues talking to me and giant wolves breathing down my neck"

"I guess me being half goat doesn't help, I'm a Satyr by the way, make sure not to get that wrong" he said with a goofy smile

Guess it's a good thing I didn't call him a Silenos

"Got it, though it'd also help if you explained some more things other than just your species"

"Oh right" he said sheepishly

"Well first things first, how much do you know about Greek Myth-" he was cut off abruptly

"He's over there" said a familiar voice

I turned around to see Connor standing next to another new face. The new kid, was tall and lean, he had messy black hair and green eyes. He also exuded an aura of leadership. Another Hirata?

The boy began walking towards me and Grover, though most importantly his gait exposed him as a trained fighter. I made a mental note of that.

"Grover, c'mon you can't be eating the furniture, we're only borrowing this place"

"Blah-ha-ha! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It's just, you know I begin to eat when I-"

"Yeah, yeah, you eat when you're nervous, so what's got you worked up?"

"It's.... it's Annabeth, I heard she was hurt; how... how is she?" Grover asked

"She's doing fine for now, and she should be better with time" the boy answered

You know, as they continue talking I feel more and more left out. Should I talk to Connor? At least he isn't talking about mobilizing nature spirits or fighting Hellhounds.

Though to be honest something else caught my attention. It was a beautiful girl briskly walking towards the elevator with a determined look in her eyes. It's not because she was beautiful either, I swear, I have a girlfriend.... or at least had one.

The girl swiftly entered the elevator and turned around as if getting one last look at the place and it's people. As I gazed into here eyes, I noticed it. Her eyes emitted something other than determination, sadness and guilt seeped out of them as well.

"Hey Percy, I know you're having a blast talking to Grover and all, but if you could please answer the newbies question that'd be great" Connor said with an impatient tone

The black haired kid turned around and focused his attention on me. Looking bewildered, he turned to Connor.

"Newbie? As in?...."

"He has no clue about the gods"

"You.... YOU BROUGHT A NEWBIE INTO THE WAR, AR— you know what I can't even bother, this is just like you" Percy said looking as if he couldn't care anymore

Connor looked away sheepishly while scratching the back of his neck.

"I mean I thought we could use the help.."

"Yeah, yeah, just go help your brother treat the wounded for now"

Connor quickly escaped the situation, abandoning me once again. I seriously need to rethink the trust I put in him.

The boy turned back to me and held out his hand.

"My names Percy, I wish I could say it's a pleasure to meet you, but I guess we could've met under better circumstances"

I slowly raised my hand and shook his

"My names Mike Hines, and I agree"

"Well first things first, how much do you know about Greek Mythology" he said with a smirk

————————————————————————
Authors Note:
I haven't updated in a bit... why? I'm not sure really. Sure I have school but it's not like that takes up all my time. I've also been reading a lot of fanfics so maybe you've seen me in comments as well. Say hi if you do!

If I had to blame something it'd be games, as I recently got back into playing with my friends. Discord is also a problem for a procrastinator like me. I don't actually use discord to talk to people, I just use the Mudae bot and collect Hololive girls.

Recently Jonathan stole Zero Two from my Mudae rolls so fuck you Jonathan, but it's alright cuz I stole Hinata Hyuuga from I'maris roll.