An Artistic Entrance

I slowly left the chattering pair to their own devices. I had interrupted their talk already, so I figured they needed more time to finish it. I also needed some more time to think myself.

When I had first seen Silena, she wore a pair of eyes that spoke of betrayal, a look I had seen on my classmates. And my conversation with her had confirmed it, the issue now is whether the person who betrayed the group was Silena or Horikita.

Although looking back on the phone call, I could be terribly wrong about Silena being overtaken my Horikita. Silena's shift in personality could simply be a by-product of stress from the war, or simply guilt for betraying her friends.

But, if that were the case her personality would be much more volatile. She was much too calm in the call for that.

Well, in the end, believing Horikita was transported with me could simply be nothing but my own greed. I had more theories over the matter, but they'd have to wait.

Walking out of The Empire State Buildings lobby, I stumbled into a pathetic scene.

A few kids, who I assume were the Apollo cabin, had set up a field hospital. Dozens of children were having their wounds tended to. Some had small wounds like scratches while others were in more severe states with missing limbs or multiple piercing wounds.

If it wasn't for that food of the gods, I'm sure many of them wouldn't have survived. But, even with it, many bodies still littered the streets.

Looking away, I saw Chiron talking to a few of the party ponies. When I was first claimed by Dionysus, Percy said something about Chiron being the one to usually do it. I assume this means that Chiron is a leader figure to the camp kids.

Suddenly, Chiron looked up and began galloping towards some kids stationed near a car. Looking closely, it was Percy and Annabeth, Percy seemingly panicking at what was in the car.

I guess they finished their talk early, and slipped out of the building while I was in thought.

"My mom must've sensed something was wrong.." Percy said

Through that I could assume the people in the car were his parents.

Wow

It's a wonder how his parents have remained unscathed so far.

Walking towards the crazed Percy, I noticed a peculiar passenger in the car. A giant of a jar was buckled up in the backseat.

"No way..." Percy muttered, having also noticed the jar

"That's impossible!" Annabeth yelled

"Wait that can't be-"

"Pandoras jar" Percy cut Chiron off

Pandora's jar? If I recall correctly, the myth revolves around the jar containing all the horrid things in the world. Once opened; disease, war, and the like spread through the world. Though through this, hope was also released.

If the jar was already opened, then why did Percy have it?

As if noticing my confusion, Annabeth cleared the situation up.

"After our negotiation with Prometheus, he gifted the jar to Percy. He claimed that if Percy opened the jar, he would take it as a sign of surrender, and he would convince Kronos to show mercy on us..."

I slowly nodded, understanding the situation for the most part.

Percy took out his pen, and uncapped it, transforming it into a celestial bronze sword. He cut into the window with it, and began fiddling with the car.