A Deal With an Angel

The dozen chariots threw the monsters into a frenzy, their ranks breaking down as the skeletal horses completely crushed their southern flank.

Half of the chariots continued into the enemy army, while the other half rushed the Drakon. Using this as a distraction, I began dragging myself away from the action.

I didn't get far before I began blacking out, the pain slowly appearing in my body. Thankfully, as my eyes closed, I felt my arms being grabbed. The last feeling I had was that of my back being dragged along the floor.
____________________________________

"You aren't dead yet are you?" Asked a cold voice

I slowly opened my eyes, pain permeating through my body. As they fully opened, the bright light of the Empire State Buildings lobby startled my pupils.

"Unfortunately, im still alive" I answered

I tried to raise my torso, but was quickly pushed down onto the makeshift infirmary bed on the floor.

"Don't stand just yet, you're still heavily injured"

........

"What?" The voice asked

"Sorry, I just had Deja Vu"

"So you're thinking of other things while a beautiful girl is caring for you?"

"Calling yourself beautiful is a bit much"

"What exactly are you trying to say, Ayanokouji?"

"It's just narcissistic isn't it?"

..........

"You don't seem surprised" she asked

"Have I ever been surprised?"

"That's..... a good point"

"Well I had already figured it out anyway, Horikita"

"So you have"

........

"How exactly did you find out?" She asked

"You weren't exactly doing a great job at hiding it."

"To be honest, I didn't expect that I needed to hide it in the first place. I thought I was the only person who came here"

"Wouldn't it be simpler if that were the case"

"Are you saying you have an idea as to what happened?"

"Who knows?"

"You haven't changed at all"

"Neither have you"

"Was I supposed to change?"

"Was I?"

"This conversation is pointless" she concluded

"So it seems. Have you met anyone else we know?" I asked

"If I did, I wouldn't have been surprised to see you"

"Actually, I feel you'd still be surprised"

"Not really, any time there's some trouble, you're always at the center of it"

That's harsh...

"In any case, we have more pressing matters. What's going on outside?" I asked

"That Ares girl, she seems to be faring quite well against that monster."

"And the rest of the army?"

"They rallied under the new warriors and are pushing them back."

"You made it just in time, any longer and they would've stormed Olympus"