Enter the Heroine

Without much to do, I decided to try out the weapons I'd just received. The physical capabilities of this body needed to be tested. I could only hope that my senses and reflexes didn't deteriorate like my stamina and strength.

Walking around the halls, I managed to find a room not only devoid of others, but also devoid of furniture.

While the room itself wasn't large, it was enough to swing around the spear. Thinking as such, I began to lay the equipment I'd received on the floor.

Doing so, I picked the spear to begin with. Lifting it up I noticed how light it was, despite being made entirely of metal.

Swinging it from side to side, and twirling it between my hands; I concluded that everything was in order. As long as I could make the fight end quickly, I would win. Drawn out fights would only be a negative for me.

The bow was next, the bow itself was quite standard, it were the arrows that made it special. Tipped with a metal I could assume was Celestial Bronze, they were apparently very deadly to monsters.

Notching an arrow into the bow, I drew the string back and let the arrow fly. I aimed for the door, but missed and the arrow clung just above the door frame.

However, in weird turn of events, it was lucky that I missed.

"Hey! Careful with that thing..... almost took my head clean off"

"Connor?"

"Conno-? Ohhh, right nah Im Travis, that guys older brother"

So he was the one Connor was referring to in the store. I also recollect seeing him before, but paying no mind to it.

"Is there an issue?" I asked

"What? Oh, nah. I was just checking up on you, it's the job of the Hermes cabin to help out the new kids. Well since usually the new kids are unclaimed"

"I see" It is true that Hermes was considered a protector of travelers, I assume this is why the responsibility was dumped on them.

"Well... usually new guys are pretty shaken, but you seem alright."

"I get that a lot"

"Hmmm, well I have some free time, and I assume you have questions. Feel free to ask some." He said

There wasn't much I needed anymore, but information is key to survival.

"Concerning outside help, will we receive any?"

"That... it's possible but not likely. The gods are already in their own battle, and Kronos is making sure we don't receive help from others. After Morpheus put Manhattan to sleep, he began to control time in a radius around Manhattan, forcing everyone to move at snail speed." He answered grimly

"That said, you said [We].... can I take that as you deciding to join us?" He asked with a goofy smile

"That's my intention, is that a problem?" I asked

"No, no, we need the help. I just assumed you would deny the existence of gods and run away." He said

While that would normally be the case, I had already received plenty of proof that these kids weren't lying.

"You know, you're pretty strong willed if you still want to fight after hearing how screwed we might be" he laughed

Well, there's a reason for that. I simply needed to ensure my survival. If I were to leave on my own, I would never be trusted by these people again. And if they were to lose this war, the monsters were guaranteed to take over.