Pig Joyride

Calling it a flying pig paints a foolish looking picture, but this monster was very terrifying. In Greek mythology this monster was the Crommyonian Sow.

I remember Connor saying that monsters reformed with time. Does this mean that this monster is the same one slain by Theseus thousands of years ago?

Theseus must have also been a monster if he killed this pig alone. The sow would constantly swoop down, tearing down trees in large numbers. This killed many of the nature spirits that were fighting.

Our people weren't the only ones taking the damage. The pig would continuously crush any monster it landed on.

Most annoying of all though, was the breath it would release. Almost like tear gas, as both sides couldn't breathe properly.

I slowly evaded the mass panic and made my way to Percy. If he could take on a Titan, I trust he could handle a pig.

"-hat pig has to go" Percy spoke

He proceeded to grab a grappling hook off on of the campers and began to swing it like a lasso.

"I'll take care of it! You guys just hold the enemy off!" He shouted amongst the chaos

From his current actions, I can assume he wants to hook the pig and probably ride it. It's a terrible idea, but hey, who am I to judge.

"But Percy.... what if we can't do it?" Percy solemnly asked

I could understand why he asked that. The monsters began to rally once again, as they realized the pig was actually on their side. From my location, I couldn't see the hunters either. If my thoughts were correct, they were currently holding off the right flank of the army on their own. They wouldn't last long though..

Percy looked around, and seemed to understand the situation as well. But, his determination was gleaming from his eyes.

"Retreat if you must" he finished

He threw the grappling hook, wrapping it around the pigs wing.

As Percy flew off, hanging on to the rope, I couldn't help by wonder where the end of the rope was.

Now good news, and bad news.

Good news? I found the end of the rope

Bad news? I was currently in tow with Percy, riding the fastest thing I'd ever been on.

"Mike?!" Percy yelled as he looked down

I would've answered, but I'd rather not Vite my tongue off.

I assumed Percy wanted to climb the pig, but the constant dodging we had to do to avoid the tops of buildings wouldn't allow that.

The sow crashed through buildings, trying to shake us off, and continued down south on Park Avenue. Meanwhile we continued dangling for our lives.

However; along the corner of my eye, I saw a black figure darting at the same speed as the pig. Percy seemed to have noticed it as well and began to look relieved.

"Mike! How long do you think you can hang on!" He shouted

Did he not see my refusal to answer earlier? Well... it seems he's expecting an answer.

"I can probably last a bit more..." I answered

"Mhmm.... Well! I have no clue what you said! But I hope you said you can last!" He said as swung the rope with all his strength.

This caused me to jerk to the right, and for the rope to wrap around a statue. As the this happened, the pigs momentum in flight ripped the statue off its podium.