Horses Are the True Party Animals

The Pegasus, or Blackjack, flew us over the city. With such an aerial view, it was easy to see the immense amount of battles taking place.

Giants ripping through trees, as if they were picking grass. Nature spirits attacking monsters with pine cones or rocks.

A group of children lead statues against a large army of monsters. Anywhere you looked, a fight was taking place.

The monster armies were steadily making progress towards the Empire State Building, or according to Percy, Mount Olympus.

"We have to land where they need us the most.." Percy muttered

"There!" He shouted spins after, pointing at a group of people fighting a blue giant. They carried a banner with a Silver owl... Athena?

I think his favoritism is showing through......

Blackjack quickly dove from his position in the air, forcing me to grab onto Percy for fear of falling off.

I quickly let go as we neared the ground, Percy using this opportunity to jump off and land on the giant. He quickly engaged in battle with it.

There was something strange with Percy.... I understand that he's the son of a strong god, and that he's a good fighter. However, the fact that he has no injury is quite concerning...

Blackjack quickly pulled back into the air after dropping Percy, and began trying to turn his neck, as if wondering how he packed so many extra pounds. Spotting me, his eyes widened and he once again began dropping down.

This time he dove towards a group of kids and nature spirits who seemed to be growing a forest.

Landing in the floor near them, he moved his neck back and forth, as if beckoning me to get off. I took his advice and slowly stumbled off his back, noticing this, Blackjack flew off once again.

I began to look around at the people near me, spotting no familiar faces.

"Mike! When did you get here!" Grover shouted

I guess there was a familiar face.

"Someone told me you needed help" I said

"Everyone needs help right now.... well since you're a kid of Dionysus you might be able to help" he said

"How do I do that?"

"Well, some children of Dionysus can grow grape vines to wrap around others..... you can try that...."

"I hate to sound like a parrot, but, How.... do I do that?"

"I don't know.... I just play a tune on my flute, you'd have to ask someone else... talk to the Demeter cabin" he said, and abruptly left

While in school I definitely grew my social skills, but talking to new people was still pretty hard. I could just sit around and do nothing, but learning to use powers would definitely be helpful.

I looked around, trying to spot someone who didn't seem to be doing anything. Doing so, I was able to find a girl who was sitting down, her back to a tree.

I began to approach her, and stood nearby unsure of how to begin the conversation. And unfortunately, unlike when I first met Grover, she looked up at me and waited expectantly at what I had to say.

It felt like an eternity, an eternity where we just stared at each other awkwardly.

"Soooo..."

"Ah. Sorry, are you a child of Demeter?" I asked

"Yeah, but I'm kinda taking a break. So, I can't really grow anything you want me t-"

"Oh wait, I'm not here for that. I just wanted to ask you about your power"