Chapter 19

It was almost 9pm in the evening when I reached the SM building after leaving Chanyeol oppa's new filming house. It was a warm summer night and there were a handful of fans standing outside the building as usual. I kept my head down, wore a black snapback I borrowed from oppa with a black mask across my cheeks. Every trainees in SM had to keep a low profile before debut, away from the attention of the fans and media until the scheduled debut date was confirmed. I bowed to the two security guards standing outside the entrance before escaping into the building. The cool air conditioning felt like a bliss against my sweaty skin.

Knock, knock... I had a scheduled appointment at 9pm with Teacher Lee tonight to discuss about my upcoming trainings and activities. It was already 9.15pm and no one seemed to be inside his office. Knock, knock... I tried again.

"Kyung Jimin!" Said Teacher Lee who came from behind me. "Look who's back! How are you? Let me take a good look at you!" Exclaimed the person I am most thankful for on Earth besides my parents.

"Teacher Lee!" I screamed as I threw my arms around him, my Korean father in SM.

"Come in come in, let's have a good chat in my office." He said as he opened the door of his office and invited me in. "Feel free to grab some drinks from the refrigerator. Make yourself home, again."

"Thank you, Father Lee." Father Lee was another nickname we used to address him in private when there were no media around. He had always been the fatherly figure in SM for as long as I was here, when my family were not around with me in Korea.

"I just received a call from Roommate's PD this afternoon." He began to say.

"Oh yes, I went to visit Senior Chanyeol. Should I not have gone there?"

"Oh no, no certainly not. She told me that she's interested in casting you into the show."

"Father Lee, I have something to tell you." I said as I looked around the room, not wanting to make an eye contact with him.

"What is it, darling?"

"I... Chanyeol sunbaenim. We... I am dating him right now..."

"Oh..."

"So, I don't think it's a good idea for me to be in the same variety show as him. I don't think I am ready for reality shows yet."

"Jimin-ah, you are not a child anymore. Time is running out and your youth will soon be over. It's about time we discuss about your debut."

"Really? Are you really finally going to confirm my debut?"

"Yes, indeed. I just came back from a meeting with all the SM producers. We are coming up with a concept and a package for you. Maybe next year."

"But I will still be in school. Do I need to quit school again?"

"No you don't have to, child. Since you will be here for a year, we will make it quick. Let you debut at least 3 months before you go back and finish your studies. This way, you can have another comeback in 2016 once you graduate."

"Can I really do that?"

"Do you have confidence in yourself?"

"I am not sure..."

"I am sure of that. I see a bright future in you. Don't let me down. Jimin-ah"

"Yes father, I will do my bestest."

"Very good. That is all I need. We will discuss your debut once the contracts are done with the legal and production team. Meanwhile, get settled down and start practicing. Are you liking your new apartment?"

"Yes, I like it very much."

"As for you and Chanyeol. Just. Don't get caught okay?"

"I won't," I promised.

"Chanyeol should be back in the company soon. Go and find him." He said as I stood up to leave.

I walked along the familiar corridor, peeking into each and every single studio that had lights on. There were so many new trainees that I have never met before. They were young and enegetic. I wonder if they actually know who I was.

As I turned around the corner, I crashed into someone and fell backwards.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" He said.

"Owwwww..." was my only reply. I rubbed against the impact and looked up. It was Siwon oppa.

"Oh, oppa!"

"Ya, Jimin-ah. When did you come back?"

"Just today."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I sort of did! I wrote it in my SNS." And we burst out laughing as he helped me get to my feet. Siwon oppa has been well known amongst the SM artists and trainees for his active social media posts and his addiction to social media and selfie.

"Ya!" He shouted as he pretended to hit me.

"Oppa, I am sorry. I am sorry." I said, while still laughing hard at his action.

"Where are you going now? Let's go for a drink nearby to catch up!" He said.

"Okay, I just need to go to my locker and throw some stuff inside. Be done in about 10 minutes?"

"Sure, I will see you downstairs."

I walkes towards the end of the corridor and there were lines of lockers, left for guys and right for girls. My locker had been the fifth one from the back and to my surprise, it was still there.

I was lost in my own thoughts when someone put their hands over my eyes.

"Guess who am I!" He said. It was Chanyeol oppa.

"Hmmm... Sehunie? Jongin? Hmmm... Baekhyun oppa?" I said, playing along and pretneding that I didn't already know.

"It's me ah, babo-ya." He said as he spinned me around while holding my shoulder and brushed his soft lips against mine.

"Oppa, I love you."

"Me too." He said with his lips still on mine.

"Oppa, I am going down to meet Siwon oppa now. We are going for a drink."

"Who? Siwon? That old man? I am coming with you!"

"Oppa, are you being jealous now?"

"No! But I am still coming with you."

"Oppa, why are you so childish?"

"Uhhhhh I don't care I am still coming!" He whined and pouted his lips.

"Fine fine fine. You can come."

"Yay! I knew you would say that." He beamed.

With our hands laced around each other, we walked towards the lift that would bring us to the ground level of the building. There were a number of cars parked outside the building when we reached.

Most of the fans waiting outside the building had already left, presumably to go home and get ready for school tomorrow. The receptionists had already left and new security guards had replaced the previous ones. Siwon oppa was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe he is waiting for us outside," said Chanyeol. "Wait here, I will go and see."

Just then, Ryeowook oppa came down with Jongdae oppa and Kyungsoo. "Where are you guys going now?" He said.

"We are going for a drink with Siwon oppa. Do you guys want to join?"

"Sure! We have no schedules tomorrow," replied Jongdae oppa.