Chapter 8: It hurts

It wasn't until December 2011 when things started to change and my future, once clear suddenly seemed bleak and gloomy. It wasn't easy watching all your fellow trainees, friends and juniors taking turn to graduate from the training programme and debuting in the KPOP industry. Although they always made the effort to remember you, organised meet ups and gift you with presents using their huge paychecks, it was hard to keep up with their new celebrity status and lives.

Things eventually became harder in 2011 when the group line up for the new SM boy band had been finalised. They were called - EXO - named after the Exoplanet term. Every single one of them had gone through the final packaging, which include either getting a new stage name or going through small and minute cosmetic surgery to make their already perfect faces and bodies almost god-like.

Of the 12 boys, I was closest to Junmyeon (Suho), Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo (D.O), Jongin (Kai) and Sehun. We have spent most of our trainee days stuck together even performing our showcases together as a coed group. They treated me like a brother because of my outgoing and boyish personality. I don't think there was ever a time when they saw me as a girl. When they first moved into their new dormitory as the Korean subunit of EXO, I was the one and only girl allowed into their new home with exception given by both the company and their managers. Little did they know, I had developed a crush for Chanyeol oppa after the first time I saw him behind the piano when I first came back to Korea.

We held a congratulatory farewell party for the 12 boys with all the SM staffs, managers, stars, trainees and rookies, at an underground club owned by Teacher Lee's best friend. I was genuinely happy for them but I was too, equally and genuinely unhappy for myself. I could not handle the party atmosphere and ended up hiding by the stairways outside the club.

Suddenly, there was a laugh coming from the bottom of the stairs, so distinguished and recognizable. It was Chanyeol oppa's.

"Yah, it's too crowded and warm inside, let's go out and get some fresh air!" Said Chanyeol.

"Yes, oppa!" Replied a female voice that I could not recognised. A voice that probably belonged to one of new and young female trainee.

But nobody came up the stairway after 5 minutes or so. The road was silent as it was around 2am in the morning. There were no sound other than the occasionally winter morning breeze. I shuddered as the cold hit against my uncovered legs. I was only donned in a little black dress with a thick winter coats and leather boots.

"The tranquility is good but I think it's time for me to head back down, in case anyone was looking for me." I thought as I stood up, turning back into the stairways.

At the corner of the bottom level, there were two dark figures, holding and hugging each other. A smooching sound and a moan escaped from the female figure.

"OMG. I wonder who they are." I thought. "They will doomed if they are caught by the managers."

I walked a little bit closer, just close enough to see the shoulder-length brown hair that was half tied into a small ponytail, which belonged to the male figure.

"Chanyeol oppa! What are you doing!" I exclaimed, covering my mouth with both hands while in shock.

The two figures quickly pulled apart, the female trainee screamed as Chanyeol oppa shuttered, "O-oh my god. I-I... I-it was a mistake." He said while holding his head in both of his large hands and shaking his head.

He finally managed his courage and looked at me, holding my shoulder in place against the wall of the stairway, "Please. Please do not tell the managers or my members or Teacher Lee, otherwise I will be screwed!"

"I thought you would be matured enough to not get drunk or act under the influence of alcohol!" I shouted as I pushed his hands off my shoulder. I stomped back into the club, ignoring his constant pleads and calls for my name.

I was about to squeeze through the crowd when my head found its way right smack onto the chest of someone taller than me.

"What's wrong, noona? You look pale." Said the 'someone'

"I'm sorry." I said as I rubbed against my head and squinted at the person that I had knocked into. It was Jongin. "I'm fine. Can you get me out of here? Please?"

"Sure, noona." He said as he laced my hand with his and held me against him, pulling me towards the bars.

"Please give me two glasses of water," he told the bartender.

"Noona, what happened? Why do you look so pale?" He asked while still holding on to my hand.

"I am fine. I just felt a little dizzy after the drinks."

"Are you sure?" He asked with too much concern. "Do you want to leave? I can send you back first."

"Don't worry, I am fine. Really. It's your night, the party is yours. I am okay. Can you just get me a cab?"

"Yes, noona. I will leave with you..."