Chapter 6: I'm back

4 years later...

I returned to SM Entertainment in Korea after completing my middle school studies in Singapore. Throughout my hiatus, SM had sent various BeatBurger's producer, director and dance instructor to Singapore for my training. I had also took up various classes in Singapore in seeking for continuous improvement.

"Jimin ah!"

"Oh, Junmyeon oppa!" I waved and pushed my trolley of luggages towards him.

It was my first time back in Korea after 4 years of hiatus in Singapore. It felt good to be back in a land of familiarity. I had texted Junmyeon oppa the day before that I would be touching down today. Oppa and I had been keeping in touch over the past few years through frequent texting and skyping.

"How are you? I missed you!" He declared.

"I am really excited to be back! I missed you too," I replied as he took over the trolley from me.

We talked like old friends as though we had seen each other every other day before this. We stepped out of the warm and comfort of the airport into the cold and snowy January winter towards the open air carpark.

"SURPRISE BABE!" someone exclaimed as I opened the car door of the passenger seat.

I jumped back in response and saw my best friend, Jung, in dark shades and snapback. Just a month ago, Jung had told me about the new SM girl group that they were debutting this year and Jung was one of the selected member. I was so happy for her.

"AH! JUNG!" I screamed as we exchanged hugs and kisses awkwardly between the car seats.

"I am sorry that I have to wait for you here. They say I should not be seen in public before my debut."

"It's okay. I am glad you are here."

Just then, Junmyeon got into the car and said, "let's go!"

The drive back to Seoul from Incheon took almost an hour. It felt really fast as compared to the 4 years that I have spent, waiting for just this moment of reunion.

"We will head over to your new apartment first and then we will go to the company. Teacher Lee is very excited to see you again."

"That sounds awesome. But... Can we eat? I am starving," I said as my stomach growled.