Chapter 10

We did not talk for days. I had avoided him at all cost whenever I was in the SM building. His debut had made it a lot easier for me. The entire group of EXO would either be having intensive practice in one of the training rooms, preparing for their upcoming debut showcase or having photoshoot and videoshoot for their debut album. It was a relief that I did not have to see him. I would not know what to say if I were to see him again.

He did not text me. Maybe because he was busy with his preparation. Or maybe because he got the hint that I was not interested to talk to him. Either way, it was good for both of us. We do not need any other distractions from our work.

23 December 2011 was their official debut. Their debut was widely anticipated after the success of their seniors, Super Junior. There were many reports and articles praising this new group. All of them, were so busy, with their schedule as packed as a sardine can.

"Everyone is gone now. I am the only senior trainee left..." I thought to myself as I sat on the bench at the rooftop of SM building, sipping down my favourite Banana Milk and soaking in the cool winter Christmas air. "Things are going to change. I am all alone now."

The thought of being alone, having no family and having no friends to endure the long hours of training together, brought tears to my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Asked Junmyeon.

I gasped in shock and said, "No, I am not crying. It's the wind. It's making me sick."

"Let's go in and get you warm then," he said as he took off his coat and wrapped it around me.

I nodded and thanked him.

"Jimin ah, I have something to tell you."

"What is it, oppa?"

"I have waited a very long time to tell you this. I had no courage to do it before."

"Oppa, you are scaring me."

"Jimin ah, I love you. I have loved you since the day we met. We were young but you were so passionate about your dreams and it inspired me to stay on and live my dreams. Jimin ah, would you be my girlfriend?" He proposed while holding a blue tiny box from Tiffany and Co.

"Oppa, please tell me it's not a ring!" I gasped in shock, pointing at the mysterious gift.

"Of course it is not! It's a necklace that I bought with all my savings while waiting for this moment. I always thought that I am not capable enough to give you a comfortable life. So I waited until the day I debut to confess my feelings to you."

I was touched by his words. But the name "Chanyeol" was stuck at the back of my mind. I couldn't accept this. I am not worthy enough for him.

"Oppa... I-I can't..." I began.

"No. I don't want to hear you say anything other than yes!" He said in a rush while opening the blue box, taking out the necklace and locking it around my neck.

"But-" I started again but I was cut off when he planted a kiss on my lips. My first kiss. With a non-family member.

"I have to go for my next schedule. I came just to give you this. You know I love you, right?" He said as he pecked on my forehead and left.

"What the hell just happened?" I thought.