Chapter 22

Soon, my daily routine revolved between classes in KU and trainings at the company. Chanyeol would sneak out once in a while to meet me after his schedule in the day. As I was trying to distant myself from Sehun, I tried my best avoiding EXO unless we had group gatherings where I would just stay close to Chanyeol. Just like how I promised.

Sehun, on the other hand, might have notice my change in attitude towards him. He tried talking to me when he met me along the hallways at the company but I would always excuse myself or pretend to be busy. He texted and called me a number of times but I would always ignore his call or not reply. In all honesty, I felt bad but a promise is a promise. I will not come between EXO. Or between two close friends.

Time literally flew by when you are busy repeating the same routine every single day. Before I realised it, my finals for the first semester was over. It was officially winter now in December with temperature falling below zero on most of the days. There were snow on some rare days but otherwise it was just bloody windy and cold.

There were many year end events at various boardcast stations so the entire company was really busy with all the preparations. Most of the studios were fully booked for the SM artists to prepare for the remix versions of their songs. Us, the trainees and rookies, on the other hand, got longer holiday breaks because there just weren't enough resources in the company to train us everyday.

I spent most of my holidays traveling to different parts of Korea with my new personal manager oppa, Jihyun. He was a lovely oppa and an awesome tour guide. We took a long week break to travel to different cities. We even went skiing and snowboarding along the way. It was a much needed break from my repetitive and strenuous routine.

I was called back towards the end of December, right before Christmas, to start preparing for my upcoming debut. There were tons of meetings, almost 8 hours each day to discuss on the concept and image the company wanted me to have. They wanted me to have a say in my debut, given my long trainee period with them. Hardly any newbies get to decide on anything relating to their debut.

During christmas, all of the SM artists, trainees and staffs were given a free day off for family visits. However, since I did not have a family in Korea and it was too short to head back to Singapore, I spent my entire christmas learning new choreography at the company. It wasn't that I didn't have friends to celebrate with. In fact, Chanyeol's family and my manager had invited me to spend the day with them. But I rejected them because I wanted more time to train and work harder for my debut.

It was around 8pm when I received a call from Chanyeol oppa.

"Minnie-ah, are you at the company?"

"Yes, oppa. I am in studio 3B."

"I just reached the company because I left my guitar here. Meet me at studio 7A in 5 minutes?"

"Okay, oppa. See you! And merry christmas!"

To my surprise, there was a table full of western dishes on the table in the middle of the dance studio.

"TA-DA!" He shouted happily. "Merry christmas, honey."

"Oh my god! Did you cook all of these?"

He nodded. "I didn't like the idea of you spending your christmas alone in the company. You couldn't come to my house for a christmas feast, so I brought the feast to you!"

"You are really my sweetest oppa!"

"Come on, let's dig in!"

Chanyeol oppa even brought his guitar and played a few christmas songs to lit up the mood. It may be a short celebration but it was definitely one of the best christmas I have ever had.

"Thank you, oppa."

"It's nothing. I will do anything for you." He smiled.