Chapter 7: First Meeting

After settling down in my new apartment, sponsored by my father, we headed out to a Korean restaurant near SM building. I was upset that Jung could not join us for dinner due to the ridiculous clause in her contract.

We were just about to sit down when Junmyeon exclaimed, "Oh, hello! I didn't see you guys there!"

Seated at the table next to us was a group of 4 young men, dressed in full black HBA hoodies and jogger pants, each with a snapback. "They must be new trainees. Do trainees all dressed like this in Korea now? It must be a new trend," I thought.

"Let me introduce her to you guys. She is Kyung Jimin, your senior as a SM trainee." He said as I smiled and bowed politely.

"Hyung! She's the girl you always mentioned during dance trainings, isn't she?" asked one of the trainee with big elf ears.

To my surprise, Junmyeon blushed and said, "Yah, what are you talking about, Chanyeolie. Hurry, introduce yourself to your senior here!"

The 4 young trainees immediately stook up, stuck out their hands, bowed and greeted enthusiatically.

"Hello senior! My name is Park Chanyeol, 18 years old and training to be a rapper."

"Hello senior! My name is Do Kyungsoo, 17 years old and training to be a singer and actor!"

"Hello senior! My name is Kim Jongin, 16 years old and training to be a dancer."

Hello senior! My name is Oh Sehun, 16 years old and training to be a dancer!"

"Hello. Nice to meet you all! You don't have to call me a 'senior'! I am 17 years old. We can all be friends." I replied shyly.

"Yah, if that is the case, you have to call me oppa since I am older than you!" Said Chanyeol as he reached up to touch his two sideburns and pursed his lips into a thin smile.

My heart immediately melted at his cute and innocent smile. I replied, "yes I understand, oppa."

We could no longer maintain the awkward eye contact as we both turn immediately to avoid the stares from the others.

"Right, noona! Let's eat, shall we?" Said Jongin in an attempt to change the subject.

"Yes please! Junmyeon oppa, what is nice here?" I asked.

"How about Gamjatang? I bet you can't find that in Singapore!" He recommended.

"That sounds awesome! Please give me 1 portion of Gamjatang then," I told the young waitress, who was paying more attention ogling at Junmyeon oppa than listening to me. To my surprise, she had managed to catch my orders without taking her eyes off my oppa.

We chatted about my past training experiences in Korea and in Singapore, about our potential future debut and how lucky we were to be in SM.