Chapter 2: Who am I?

Before I continue with my epic love story, let me give you a brief introduction about myself.

My name is Kyung Jimin, all of my Singaporean friends know me as Belle. I am a Korean Singaporean, born and raised in Singapore up until the age of 10. My father is an American Korean and my mother is a Singaporean. I have an older brother and an older sister.

During my first decade in Singapore, my family often visited our paternal relatives in Korea during the holidays. It all happened in 2002.

When I visited Korea in my second grade, I was approached by a SM casting manager while shopping along the street of luxury brands in Apgujeong, near the SM entertainment building. I was invited to take part in the SM annual casting system.

Being a singer, dancer or actor has never been my dream back then. However, my mother, on the other hand, was excited about the offer and had encouraged me to attend the SM audition because my father happened to be active in the music industry as a producer and director before marrying my mother.

"Music was the reason why I fell in love with your father," she told the 8 years old me.

It was not as though I understood what exactly music or audition was back in second grade. I went singing and dancing to the songs that my parents have prepared and trained me for. I was not exactly sure what the judges saw in me but they said that I had the potential and with that, I got passed the audition and was scouted into SM Entertainment in 2002.