⎡𝟯2⎦

⎡𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗕𝗜𝗡⎦

There are pictures from when I kissed him at school, when I visited his dad a the hospital, when I talked to him at the club, and when I walked him home.

Father: Fucking answer me!

Changbin: H-he's just a friend-

A tight slap on my cheek cuts me off.

I look up to see father fuming with anger.

Father: Bullshit. Driver!

The driver walks in and bows to father and mum.

Faher: Tell him what you saw.

 Driver: Y-young master asked me to drive that boy around a few times... They were really close, much too close to just be friends.

My jaw drops.

I didn't think he could betray me like this, not after I treated him with so much respect, never looking down on him or considering him below me.

Father: Don't give me another pathetic excuse and tell me who he really is to you.

I keep my head down, not wanting to say the truth.

Before I can react, father grabs a fistful of my hair and pulls on it, pain surging through my scalp.

Father: Listen here you faggot, you will not leave his house until you get engaged.

Changbin: But father I-I love him-

Father: I don't care! You will marry Yonghee and you can't do shit about it.

I let out the tears I've been holding back once he pushes me away and walks out of the house.

Mom: Changbin, listen to your father. He only wants the best for you-

Changbin: But does no one care what I want?! Do my feelings not matter to any of you?!

Mom: I-

Changbin: Forget it. You'll never understand me.

I run to my room as fast as can, tripping a few times due to my eyes blurry with tears.

I lock the door and take out my phone.

I dial Yonghee's number and wait for her to pick up the call.

𝙊𝙉 𝘾𝘼𝙇𝙇:

Yonghee: What's up, kid?

Changbin: Y-Yonghee...

My voice comes out as barely a whisper.

Yonghee: Hey, are you okay? What happened? Are you crying?

Changbin: F-father... he f-found out about F-Felix...

Yonghee: He did? Oh gosh, give me 5 minutes. I'll come over and pick you up.

Changbin: No, I c-can't leave the house.

Yonghee: People think I'm gonna be your fiance soon, they'll let me take you anywhere.

Changbin: O-okay.

My voice cracks from crying and I wipe my tears, even though it feels like they're never gonna stop.

She hangs up and I sit on my bed, running my hand through my hair in frustration, anger, fear, sadness, and so many other emotions I'm feeling right now.

After a few minutes, I hear a doorbell.

Yonghee's footsteps reach my room and she knocks on the door.

I open it for her and she grabs my hand, immediately dragging me downstairs.

Mom: Yonghee, darling. Where are you taking him?

Yonghee: I'll take him out on a date to cheer him up! Maybe we can bond a bit~

I mentally cringe at how fake she sounded, but mom nods her head and smiles.

Mom: Take care of him, alright? He's had a rough day.

I almost scoff out loud.

Rough day?

I've had more than just a fucking rough day.

We walk to her car and get inside.

The ride to the cafe is driven in silence.

But not an awkward one, it's more of a comforting silence.

Once we sit down at a table in the cafe, Yonghee looks at me and speaks in a shockingly soft tone.

Yonghee: Hey, you wanna talk about it?