⎡𝟰𝟰⎦

⎡𝗙𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗫⎦

We start walking back to my house in really awkward silence.

Felix: Can I see the reports?

Changbin: Oh, yeah. Sure.

He hands me the file and I start looking through it, my heart clenching. in sadness at the pictures of bruises littering Changbin's body.

Changbin: Lix, are you okay? You seem so-

Felix: U-uh, wait here. I... have to go do something over there.

I point at a random shop and walk towards it without waiting for Changbin's reply.

I can see his obvious attempts to know what's wrong, and I can't help but feel guilty.

Having to choose between the man who raised you your entire life and the man who you want to spend the rest of your life with is just cruel.

But I if choose Changbin, my dad will suffer.

Not just my dad, my mom and I will too.

My mom is already struggling to pay the bills, and I think she'll break if dad is gone.

Even if I stay with Changbin, I'll live every day in guilt for being the cause of my dad's death.

If I try hard enough, I can get over Changbin...

Hopefully.

Once I find a spot in the shop where Changbin can't see me but I can see him, I take out my phone and dial a number.

After a few rings, the person picks up.

𝙊𝙉 𝘾𝘼𝙇𝙇:

Mr. Seo: Are you ready?

Felix: Yes...

Mr. Seo: Ok, my men will come and take him.

Just the thought of Changbin being take away makes my eyes tear up.

Felix: Please... d-d- you have to do this?

Mr. Seo: I do. Do you expect me to just let him fuck around with whoever he wants? My pride is on the line because of him.

He hangs up and soon, a black car drives by and stops in front of Changbin.

A few men in black suits get out of the car and grab Changbin by his arms.

I can see his face turn red as he struggles to fight back.

He starts calling for me and I can hear it all the way from here.

I run out of the shop to stop them but freeze before crossing the street.

Changbin sees me and starts thrashing in their grip even more.

Changbin: Lix! Baby!

I look away, knowing if I watch any longer, I won't be able to hold myself back.

This is my dad's life on the line.

I can't take any risks.

I grip the file in my hand and start walking away in the direction of my house.

This is for the better.