Chapter 40: Ask your mother

"Jesus Christ you walk so loud," I whispered annoyingly to Gabe as he walked into the kitchen.

It was 4 in the morning and everyone was asleep, including Aiden.

I've waited for this day, the day I can just find everything out.

"It's not my fault these Lakehouse floorboards sound like dying cats, " he rolled his brown eyes as he took a seat on one of the stools across from me.

"Look if we're gonna leave to meet him we have to do it now, when no one can ask us where we're going, " I explained.

"Why are you standing so weird?" Gabe asked me with a confused expression.

Let's not even get on that topic.

"Gabe, focus!"

"Okay, okay, I got my car out front. I had to tie Daniel to his bed and kiss him goodbye, " he said while wiping an invisible tear.

I cringed at him and we both agreed to silently leave the house, we eventually crept out, slowly shutting the door behind us before running to the car.

"What if we die?" Gabe asks out of breath after we enter the car.

"Well, that's a way to get the mission boosting," I said sarcastically as I clicked my seatbelt.

"I'm serious Heaven, " he said as he turned to me with worry on his face.

I know he was, but if I showed him my fear that would only worsen his.

"Gabe, Mason wants to meet us for a reason, I need to find out what he wants, " I sighed, "You already said Daniel called two cops to stand corner of the alleyway, we'll be fine."

He nodded his head quickly and started the engine before driving onto the road.

Truth is, I was fucking scared. I was scared of what could happen, of finding out who he was. I was going insane.

We made it quickly to the alleyway, our flashlights shining all over the place as we stood there waiting for Mason to come.

"Where do you think the cops are hiding?" I whispered to Gabe.

He shrugged and I averted my eyes to the atmosphere around us, wondering why they haven't come out yet.

I was thankful for the lamp that gave us a form of light, it wasn't that bright but we could see a little clear.

Thirty minutes passed by of worry and fear as we paced around the alleyway reminiscing of things Mason could possibly be capable of.

"You've set us up for death, " Gabe hissed in fear.

"Me? You're the one who persuaded me to, " I hissed back.

"We agreed on 5 in the morning what's taking him so long?" Gabe groaned as he pinched the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb.

Before I could respond we saw a guy in a black hoodie walking towards us, his walk was dangerous and fearful that I felt like I was gonna shit my pants.

I stood up straight and glared at the figure who I was one hundred percent sure was Mason.

"And the party has begun, " the familiar voice says as he stops in front of us with a sly smile.

He lifts his hoodie off revealing those chocolate eyes of his.

I heard Gabe gulp, his face turning a tiny shade of white.