Chapter 3: Spit out water

Chapter 3: Spit our water

As we got out of the car a lady with brown hair ran over to us slowly making sure she doesn't trip over her heels. She had tan skin and crystal blue eyes. She was wearing a black dress that wrapped tightly around her lower thighs and wore black heels.

Probably trying to make a good impression.

A man followed behind her, he was wearing a black buttoned-up shirt with black dress pants.

Is this a funeral or something?

He had brown dress shoes and dark black hair. His hands were stuffed into his jeans pockets and he smiled as he saw us.

"You made it! We were afraid you guys wouldn't come." the lady said smiling as she went to give my parents warm hugs, "Oh my god is this your daughter. She's gorgeous, god you look just like your mother. I'm Welma," she said introducing herself before she draped her arms around me, I hugged her back smiling at her kindness. Her delicate scent of daisies filled in the air and pleased my brain.

After separating from her, the man also hugged both my parents and shook my hand firmly, "I'm Lane," he said introducing myself. I ended up, of course, telling them my name but it was truly awkward. I felt uncomfortable having 4 adults smiling at me, I hate attention. They ended up helping us carry in the luggage as we walked inside the highly detailed lake house. The scent of vanilla filled the air and I smiled at the sound of the music that was played. Jazz wasn't something I would listen to normally but it also wasn't something I despised.

"Oh Heaven, my sons out getting wood from the forest so you're not the only one here. His friends are coming over next week also," she said interrupting me from my thoughts. She held a big smile on her face and rubbed my shoulder before walking off.

At least there was another kid here. I walked to my room that Welma led me to and awed when I opened the door. The room was designed so neatly. The bedsheets were white and the walls had pictures that added much flavor. If I had to live here for my whole life then I would redo the room my way but since we're only staying here for 2 months I'm completely fine with this.

I placed my luggage on the room's carpet and gazed at it once more, touching and observing everything. Sadly there was no bathroom in my room but I still enjoyed it. After a while, I walked down the black steps and walked into the living room with the adults. I sat on one end of the couch next to mom and observed the living room also. White couches look stunning in any area but are always the easiest to stain.

"Water?" Welma asked me, offering a glass cup filled with water.

"Sure, thanks," I said as I grabbed the cup of water from her hand and started slowly sipping out of it. I wasn't honestly thirsty but I didn't want to be rude. I could just finish it quickly and get it over with. I took a big gulp of water and found it very hard to swallow.

We all heard a door opened and I guess the adults already knew it was their son because they didn't show any emotion and continued talking.

A sudden husky voice started speaking and all of our attention was led to the door, I tried my best to swallow the water in my mouth but I put too much.

"I put the wood in the back-" he started as he walked in before making eye contact with me.

Before I knew it the water that was held in my mouth forced its way out and showered all over the living room. I covered my hand over my mouth shocked at what happened and I felt myself start to get embarrassed. Lane looked at me in shock and worried and my dad looked grossed out, my mom was in full shock and disgust and Welma held no emotion on her face.