Chapter 18: You can call me wifey

"HEYYYY!" Layla squeals into the phone with excitement ringing in her voice.

I instantly move my ear away and cringe from the ringing, "What's with you?" I ask her before snickering.

"Guess who's saving your life," she replied and I could even hear the smirk lifting upon her red cheeks through the phone.

"God?" I asked her confused while trying to open Netflix. I scrolled through the TV in my parent's room and tried to find a decent movie.

"Yes and no! I begged my mom if I could stay with you for a week..." she paused making it more dramatic, "and she said yes!" she screamed as I heard her laugh uncontrollably.

"OH MY GOD SAY YOU SWEAR LAYLA," I replied while throwing the remote on the floor and quickly bending down to pick it up.

I applied the batteries back in and stood up, "Wait, but how are you going to come over? It isn't our lake house. I have to ask Welma, hold on." I said before quickly running downstairs to find Welma sitting in front of the fire with a notebook.

The flames reflected in her blue eyes as her wrist swiftly wrote on the paper. She wore a purple robe and had a pair of glasses on to help her see better. I quickly sat down and explained who Layla is and asked her if she could come over and she ended up agreeing to it. She didn't mind if I had any friends over because she said she understood how annoying it was to live with boys.

I ran back to my parent's room, slightly tripping on the carpet before picking up the phone and unmuting myself. I told Layla she said yes and the only thing I heard next was screams of joy.

"God, I'm so excited!" she groaned.

I chuckled and sat on the end of my parent's bed cautiously, making sure there wasn't any lingerie, "So when are you coming?" I asked her while shifting myself comfortably on the bed.

"Now" she replied.

I backed the phone away from my ear and looked at it, "Wait what?"

Abruptly there was a loud knock on the door.

I creeped out of my parent's room to see Aiden, Gabe, and Daniel. Aiden had opened the door and Gabe and Daniel were sitting on the couches. How fast did those little turds get here?

I looked to see Layla standing at the door, looking starstruck. It's like she was falling in love with Aiden's eyes.

"Uh, who are you?" Aiden asks crept out at her staring as he shuffled his black hair.

She permed herself up before speaking, "I- I'm Layla. Layla Peterson," she said while sticking her hand out for him to shake.

Yes, I was watching this with an amused smile on my face. What? How couldn't I? Layla has thought of Aiden like her king and this is their first "actual talk".

Aiden reaches his hand out and quickly shakes hers before pulling away. He turned to look at me. He didn't look as tired as usual. His black hair was not that messy today and the blue shirt that he wore matched his eyes.

"Love birds" I whispered to him while Layla was still staring at the back of his head.

"F*ck off," he mouthed back.

I laughed as he walked back to the couch, "HEAVEN!" Layla cried out.

I turned to face her and before I know it I feel the wind get knocked out of me. My back hits the ground hard and I groan in pain as I try to find air to breathe.

"Karmas a b*tch" I heard Aiden laugh. He's been so talkative lately, makes me wonder if I like the quiet Aiden more. Who am I kidding I hated both.